Friday, November 21, 2008

Spit Happens

Macey has been making the cutest facial expressions lately that I just can't help but kiss her and nibble on her cheeks. I'm so sad because my camera is officially shot so I'm missing a lot of these photo ops. We figured out that something is wrong with the flash so if I have ample light then I can take pictures but otherwise we are going to have to get a new camera. Now it's just convincing Matt the necessity of me scrapbooking every aspect of Macey's life and I need photos in order to do that. I guess I could dust off the old 35mm.

Okay sorry back on track...so, Macey gets a kick out of when I get close to her mouth and make kissing sounds. Sometimes she'll open her mouth because it echoes in her mouth and she just smiles even bigger. I know it sounds weird but she thinks it's funny. The other day I was making the funny noises and had a passing thought she just ate so this might be dangerous. Not more then 2 seconds later Macey spits up and outward right when I was sucking in no less. EWWWW I got a mouth full of spit up. I had my first Jim Carey gagging moment. It's amazing from whatever position your child is they can spit up projectile...even from a laying down position. There is a reason they call it spit "up". Macey is like a little geyser. Instinctively I sprayed everything out of my mouth like you see in the movies. Not my most gracious moment. I think I'll get a kick out of this moment when I review it back in heaven.

7 Special Comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I was reading this. I have had it on my face and even on my lips, but never in my mouth, I can't imagine. It's a good thing these little babies are so darn cute to make up for the nasties you have to deal with.

Alison said...

Doug was laying on his back holding Dayah up in the air one time with his mouth open wide, and sure enough, she spit right in his mouth! Ethan's gotten my mouth & all over my hair. You think we'd learn :)
As for the camera, just remind Matt it's part of keeping a family history ;)

BrittanyLane said...

Yeah. That's disgusting. When my first one was tiny, he had an exploding poo that got all over my face, arm, the carpet, and the wall. It's a good thing we're mothers and can still love them despite the gross messes.

Abe and April said...

You should try asking Santa to bring you a new camera. I bet you could find one at an after Thanksgiving Day sale.
Unfortunately Reagan was a major spit upper. I think I got it in my mouth a few times. I guess I am not the quickest learner. It is hard to resist the cute lips.

Unknown said...

I hope this doesn't mean I'm completely insensitive, but I am STILL chuckling about this post - projectile puking, indeed!!! At least baby spit-up is like, the most innocuous thing on the planet... hope you've recovered!!! :-)

Bri said...

Yikes!!! Like most Mom's I've gotten my share of spit up on me and my clothes, but I supose I should count my blessings tonight when I say my prayers that it hasen't gotten into my mouth YET.

Shelley Gee said...

I had that happen to me, but I was on the floor holding the baby up over my face. I didn't think I would ever get over it. WOW, that brought back some memories :o)