Monday, November 3, 2008

Little Mermaid and Spider Witch

Halloween is a big deal at my house...although I didn't put much into this year as in years past because Miss Macey decided to join us at the beginning of the month. The only thing I was sad about is this was the first year that I didn't buy pumpkins or go to a pumpkin patch. We'll have to go all out next year. We were able to attend a Halloween Carnival on Thursday with the rest of Maryn's playgroup. Great job Taylor on putting that all together. There was a cupcake walk, face painting, spooky bingo, a pumpkin toss and spider fishing. Maryn was really into the cupcake toss and when they would call out the number if she wasn't on it she would run to find it if no one was on it...one draw back for a numbered cupcake walk...a kid who recognizes her numbers. I think she scored 4 mini cupcakes and I had to tell the lady playing the music that Maryn needed to be cut off. Maryn still tried her hardest to win those cupcakes even though I told her she was done. Like I said my camera has been screwy so I have a few pictures but not much of the carnival.



We also had Trunk or Treat at our ward building on Friday and it was so fun to see all the kids dressed up. Matt and I were grinning ear to ear because it was our first neighborhood Halloween. We are true suburbanites now and it feels great!! I decked out the back of the Yukon like usual with spider webs, spiders and orange lights. I think I threw a bat in there this time too. After Maryn did her rounds she came back to hand out candy and when she ran out she would politely tell everyone "sorry, we ran out of candy" so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.

Maryn was dressed up as a Spider Witch and Macey went as a Mermaid. Little background, Ariel is Maryn's favorite princess and that is what she wanted to be but daddy put a kibosh on that. Her attitude lately has been reflecting that of Ariel's and Matt didn't want to put up with it anymore. He refused to get an Ariel costume so I told him that he needed to take her costume shopping because I didn't have the heart to tell her. After 2 weeks of convincing Maryn of other costumes she could wear I sold her on being a witch somehow. We got her super excited because I let her wear Mommy's makeup and then she found out her friend was dressing up as a witch also so that sealed the deal.

6 Special Comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Love it! You guys did a great job. I remember how decked out you guys used to go in our ward. That was where Ali got freaked out for the first time from those candy buckets where the hand grabs you. Yeah, I think you made my 2 year old scream.

BrittanyLane said...

Love the spider webbed vehicle. Fun fun costumes! Looks like you had fun...

Lisa Robbins said...

How cute!!!! I love that somebody else gets into the fun Halloween spirit too.

Shannon said...

oh my gosh!! They look so cute in their costumes!! Glad that she was excited to be a witch instead.

Abe and April said...

Your daughters look so cute in their costumes.

Waters said...

Mommy's do wonderous things to intice our children to do something we want. The witch costume turned out great and it looks like Maryn is starting to get the idea of what it takes to be a big sister, while seeing Macey dressed as a mermaid. Im really impressed that you even decked out your car for the trunk or treat, I think thats awesome especially with your little Macey. :)