So, it's been four years since my baby was a baby and I can't remember for the life of me when we switched over to one nap? Do any mom's remember when there little ones did this? Macey is becoming quite the night owl and I could've sworn the one nap thing didn't start until after about 18 months. Except that blows my theory out of the water of cutting down the naps to help with sleeping at night because Macey is not even sleeping hardly during the day. Then again she's not even a year old yet and insists on feeding herself with utensils. What did your babies do as far as naps?
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
All my kids were different. I don't remember how old they were when they went from several naps to just one, but it was usually well before the first birthday. After that most of my kids quit naps all together by 3 years of age. Tim was my exception. He slept all night from 5 weeks of age and took a nap every single day until he was almost 4 years old.
Some kids just need more sleep and others don't. What worked for us was being flexible and taking cues from the child. Of course, there were those days when mom said, "You WILL take a nap because I need you to!" lol
Audrey just barely, as of a few days ago, stopped taking her second nap. She will just take one a day now. But, if I layed her down for her second nap she would sleep. But, most of the time she doesn't want to take the second nap. She is 21 months now. I can't believe how much this girl sleeps. She will go to bed at 9:00, wake up around 8:30-9:00 ish. Then I put her down for her nap at 11 and she will sleep for 2 hours, just in time for me to work my two hours. Then she use to take a 2 hour afternoon nap as well. So, anyways, Audrey just barely started going to one nap a day.
Oscar is my no napper if I let him. He still takes one nap a day but we could skip it if we really needed to. He went to one nap around 1ish. Livy is 9 months now and still going strong on 2 naps, sometimes even 3 if she has had a busy day or if the kids are quiet enough. You just put her down when you "think" she needs a nap, or like what Ann said "when you need her to." Good Luck!
Elise probably switched around 12/13 months! She probably would have taken a second later nap, but that would mean she would go to bed really late, so I just kept her up another hour or two and then put her to bed for the night. I was sad, but I have always tried to look for her ques of tiredness and I get a happier baby this way (it made it a little difficult for 1 nap, then it became regular and a routine). Occasionally she will take a second nap sometimes...I just try to be in tune with her and what she needs (but it does mean for a later bedtime).
Post a Comment