Monday, September 21, 2009

Picture #3 Bryce Canyon






Picture #3 of our major road trip was Bryce Canyon. Matt and I both agreed our favorite hikes were here. Wow, it just hit me we agreed on something!! Anyway, we took the girls on a 1.2 mile hike down into this canyon and it was amazing. We were actually towards the end of our journey thru Bryce and I wasn't sure if we should do another hike but I'm glad that we did. We were actually in the rock formations. The pictures don't do it justice at how far we descended.

We also took another mile or so hike at the furthest end of the park called bristlecone loop. You feel like your on top of the world looking as far as the eye can see. We also had the opportunity to go on this little hike called Mossy Cave. I will take any opportunity to see a waterfall...I just love them!! I think people were laughing at us pretty hard because Matt wanted to cross the river and there were only the small scant rocks to walk on so he crossed and he had me literally toss Maryn across the river. She thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

When we were at Bryce Point we heard something to affect that sounded like cannons exploding. When we got to the look out in the distance there was thunder and lightning. It was so amazing watching a storm when it's bright and sunny where you're at.

Later that night we had access to a pool at the rv park we were staying at. This was by far Maryn's favorite because it didn't require walking. We had the pool all to ourselves and had contests to see who could stay under the water the longest.


0 Special Comments: