Friday, September 18, 2009

PIcture #4 Arches National Park







Picture #4 was Arches National Park. This was the first stop in Southern Utah. After hours of driving on Monday we arrived at the entrance and I stated to Maryn we're here at the park. She looked at the window and asked me, "but where all of the swings and slides?". She was kind of bummed when she found out it was a park full of rocks. That night we went on some short hikes to Double Arch and Balance Rock. The next morning we took a short hike to Sandy Arch. That was really cool because it was in a cove with this beautiful red tinted sand everywhere. Maryn went sand surfing and collected about a pound of sand in her clothing and shoes by the time we left. Our next hike proved to be difficult. It was a 3 mile hike but the view was outstanding. I was very proud of Maryn for making the hike to Delicate Arch. This hike is pretty much straight up a rock wall face. About a third of the way up she was doing fine then saw other kids complaining of not wanting to go any further so she started mimicking them. I made her a deal if she would make it to the top I would piggy back her a part of the way down. She made good her promise so I made good on mine and carried her about 1/2 of a mile or so putting her down on the really steep parts so we didn't win a Darwin award. Macey was a trooper and ended up falling asleep on the way up. Her and Matt were drenched in sweat. Everyone we passed were so sweet and nice. Majority of the people we noticed didn't speak English. Through out our whole trip we were astonished at how many foreigners were here to see the beauty of the US.

0 Special Comments: