Friday, May 27, 2011

What I've been up to

Yes, I have been hard to get a hold of.  Yes, I have only gone to play group once in the last who knows how many months.  Yes, I haven't answered the phone right away but I always will call back during my babies naptimes...it always sounds like World War III in the background otherwise.  Yes, I have been struggling on balancing a 6,2 and 1 year old.  And yes, if I've seemed preoccupied in thought, I have been.  I knew I would always be busy but I never realized how much I would doing as a mom that stays home.

So, if you're wondering what I have been up to and why I've been so distracted here's my list:

Working my tail off to get our yard up to par.  I'll try to get pictures when I'm done...it will be pretty.  Better yet why not a barbecue.  We'll see...time is not on my side.

Finishing up the kids photo books.  Two down, one more to go!  I was so anxious to see what they looked like I jumped the gun and ordered the younger kids books.  Plus there was a sweet discount at the time.

Cleaning up clutter in our house.  I'm tired of seeing toys everywhere so we got this sweet toy organizer that has made my life SOOOOO much easier at the end of the day and has given the kids responsibility of keeping track of their toys.  And I threw out majority of my clothes.  That was probably a problem being I didn't have a lot of clothes in the first place and the thought of going to the mall with all my kids makes me shutter.

Reading every potty book and watching every potty dvd that we can get a hold of to get Macey excited to use the potty.  She's been loving the books.  Hopefully this will push her to want to go potty like a big girl.

I've been exercising every chance I get to give me a better chance at recovery for the upcoming procedure I'm having.  Third time is a charm.  Hopefully Doc will keep his promise at making me better than new.

Then every other second I have I've been squeezing in crocheting a cute little blanket for a deserving little baby.  At some point I want to start donating the ones I make to the hospital to brighten a child's day.  You'll never know how much it means to a child and the parents when they are at the hospital for whatever reason frightened, sick or hurt and how much the warmth and security of a blanket brings until you know someone that has been to Primary's with their child and has been the recipient of one.

Volunteering and doing end of the year stuff with Maryn at her school.  We had quite fun square dancing together and then showing daddy when we got home.  It's awesome that she still remembers all the moves.

So, that has been my life in a nutshell intertwined with my children's unending drama between each other.  I'd rather be busy that not have anything to do that's for sure.  I have a very blessed life...hopefully I can be made equal to everything that has been given to me.  

3 Special Comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

I feel most of your pain. It's amazing what you can accomplish some days and even more amazing how much you can't accomplish other days. Keep up the good work and I'll be cheering for you over here in Idaho.

Meg said...

You are an amazing person. I look up to so much!

Undaunted said...

What is that saying? If your not busy your dead? or some such. You are doing great. Just hang in there and your life will get busy in a different way. ;) Good luck on your procedure.