Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scratch Performing off the List

Well, if ever I had a dream of performing in front of large audiences I think tonight has pushed away any thought of becoming a professional performer.  MY MIND BLANKED.  I forgot the stinkin' words to the last verse.  Not that I'm making excuses but I was too preoccupied with the music fading in and out and my mind went blank.  I was doing so well.  I guess there goes any hope in performing in a broadway musical.  Goodbye dreams of Mary Poppins or Beauty and the Beast.  My sweet little Macey came to my rescue and stood by me while I was fumbling my words.  Thank you little Angel!

I'm going to drown my embarrassment and sorrows in some Oatmeal Cookies.

Oh yah, and thanks Matt for recording my embarrassment for posterity.  I'm finding that and deleting it off your phone!

5 Special Comments:

Meg said...

You did GREAT. Seriously. You sing beautifully. I couldn't see who was holding the mic by the stero but they should have held it about 6 inches away and held it there for you. So that wasn't your fault.
Your a beautiful singer don't let this stop you. I LOVED it.

Undaunted said...

Don't worry about it too much. I expect it was better than you think. We are always most critical of ourselves, even when we should be more lenient because it is something hard and new. Keep on singing!!

Unknown said...

I admire your gutsiness, woman! :) You have a GORGEOUS, rich, silky voice, and that doesn't change with sound problems. ;) That sort of sound problem would've distracted me, too, LOL... of course, I'm still too gutless to even get up and sing by myself, LOL, but if I *were* courageous enough, ("...if *I* had ever learnt..." haha), I'm pretty sure the slightest distraction could break my stride. ;) How cool, that Miss Macey got up to be with you, too! :) So cute and loving!!! :)

Alison said...

You were Great!! At least you got up there! And everyone was laughing. You may not have noticed, but I saaw pretty much everyone smiling & chuckling. And you could do a broadway musical. You'd be a great Belle :)

AJ said...

Sometimes it takes lots of experience to develop and become what we want to be. I've always enjoyed listening to you sing. I hope you'll hang in there. And good job on the discipline. It's so hard to stay in control and take the time to listen to the Spirit and do what needs to be done. You did great.