Monday, May 9, 2011

A Rainy, Blustery Day

After a gorgeous Saturday where each of us got a little color in our faces, today the rain is here.  Which is welcomed...I need enough water for our little plants to grow.  I've never had a green thumb and continue to kill things.  Maybe someday I'll figure how to keep up plants.  I heard once that if you can keep up a plant then you can move on to having a pet and then eventually a child.  THANK GOODNESS some of that's not true or else my children would've wilted a long time ago!

Have you ever noticed there is so much to learn?  Even when you think you've learned everything about something there is always something new.

Just some random things...Maryn has taken it upon herself to start to make her own lunches and even made me breakfast the other week by herself.  I'm so used to doing everything it's weird having another set of hands in the mix of things.  I just have to keep my comments to a minimum about the left over mess and clean it up and be grateful that she wants to help.

Macey is becoming quite the talker after not talking at all.  I think there are still a few people that swear she never talks.  I'm learning her language and figured out pencils are preztels, sclippers are scriptures and tookies are cookies.  Matt for the life of him still can only understand 50% of what she is saying.  She does pretty well though.  She is in the asking questions phase where she is curious about everything.  She wants to know how everything works.

Mason is still Mason.  His birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and the little stinker still won't crawl.  He'll get up on all fours like he's just going to bust out and crawl and then belly flops.  But don't be fooled he gets in to EVERYTHING by his superior rolling skills.  That kid can turn on a dime.  His little personality is shining through and he is going to be a HUGE tease.  He growled at another boy at the talent show the other night because the boy got too close to him and scared the poor little kid off .  It also amazes me how much more enjoyment he gets out of toys.  More so than the girls ever did at this age.

Matty and I have been working on the yard every nice day that we can get.  We have a long way to go but pretty sure we'll get it done before mid June.  I feel like I'm running out of time I have 3 1/2 months of spring/summer and have so much to do.  Also, I took it upon myself to get a mother's day present and I'm so excited.  This past weekend was international digital scrapbook day and I got a sweet deal on some digi papers by one of my favorite designers from the Ettes company.  Totally excited to finish Macey's lullaby book!  The kit is bright and colorful and totally reminds me of my Macers.

I'm working on the cover and this is what I have so far.  And below are some other random pictures.




2 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

Very fun!!! :) And I love how Mason GROWLED at the kid - HILARIOUS!!! :) Glad you and Miss Macey are working out her language, too - that's awesome! :) And holy moly, Miss Maryn in the kitchen? I bet she's trying really hard to be like her wonderful Mommy! :)

Lisa Robbins said...

Haha...I love the part where Mason growled.