Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!



Matt and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary this past weekend. We were married on March 29, 2002. It's amazing what can happen in 7 years. On Friday we were able to go out to celebrate and we went to Red Lobster. We ate WAY to much and enjoyed every bite. Then dashed off to see a movie that night. We almost felt like teenagers again. We had fun at dinner making up fake conversations of these kids that were going out for prom. Matt and I dared each other to go over there and make a scene:

"Oh how cute do you couples look"
"I remember those days of prom and homecoming"

"Did you borrow Daddy's car tonight"
"Don't you feel uncomfortable in those dresses because it looks like your adjusting yourself every 5 seconds"

But neither of us could ever have the guts to embarrass someone. But it was fun to giggle at the table.

There is one thing that Matt promised me before we got married and he said that it would be fun. Sure we've had our rough times but he has never let me down in the fun department. Matt is kind of a class clown and loves to make people laugh. He can tell me the same stories over and over again and they are still funny. I was thinking about some things that have happened over the years and I'll share a few memories (not in detail, this is mainly for Matt) but good memories that came to mind.

Hiking up a mountain in Mt. Rainier, in our shorts, in the snow, then skiing down the hill using our shoes.

Exploring the mountains in western WA in Lady(our truck)

15 hour road trip to Mom and Dad Murdock's

Matt trying to convince me I shrunk his pants in the dryer then as I looked closer realized he was wearing my pants!

Ocean shores and the magical appearing coin...Matt made me believe that coins were washing up on shore probably from Canada when he was actually tossing them out in front of me when I wasn't looking.

In the delivery room having Maryn and the nurses button didn't work(we didn't know this) and watching him go from one cupboard to the next trying to find a throw up pan while running back and frantically pushing the nurse call button. True Love!

Being proud watching him walk during graduation after 4 long years of sacrifice going back to school.

Four wheeling up Oxford Peak and crouching under sagebrush to shelter ourselves from the rain. Then, magically finding my sunglasses on the trail on the way back, picking them up while still riding on the four wheeler without letting up on the gas. True Talent!

Watching him hold Macey and Maryn for the first time.

I am thankful for my dear husband. He truly is my best friend. He understands my fears, my quirkiness and above all loves me completely. Happy Anniversary Honey!!




11 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

How sweet! And Happy Anniversary to the cutest and most loving couple! I love the wedding picture!

Undaunted said...

Congradulations you two! It is amazing to me how short and how long being married can be. It seems like you have known them forever, but that you got married and just blinked and it is today. Here's to another wonderful 50 more to go. :)

A Forever Family said...

Happy Anniversary to an awesome couple!! Crazy how fast life seems to move when we have special days like this to look back upon. And yet looking forward life seems to drag taking forever....especially when we as women are very pregnant.....know now what I mean? Anyways, I am glad that you two love birds got to get out and enjoy one another. Wish Eric and I had more time to do more dates, but I'll take whatever I get..like a one year date on our anniversary. Hopefully you are better than we are in that department.

AJ said...

Happy Anniversary!

Donnie and Christina said...

Congrats!! Donnie tried to think of something creative to say but couldn't, he only came up with the "7 year itch!" We are so happy for you guys!

Beth said...

I remember thinking what a stunning couple you guys were when I first saw you. Glad you had such a nice anniversary!

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. You guys are are very much in love and it shows.

The Wendt Wagon said...

You two haven't changed at all. I wish I could say that. You look amazing!!! I am glad that you are so happy, and doing so well. Your dinner conversation made me laugh, cause Matt and I do the same thing. Happy Anneversary.

Debbie Murdock said...

You're so cute Chantelle...that last photo is one of our engagement photos...if you notice I rarely post any photos of myself. Haven't had a decent hairdresser in YEARS since leaving Idaho and WA! Oh how I miss highlights and pretty hair!

Abe and April said...

I glad to hear you had an awesome Anniversary. Too bad you didn't embarrass anyone that would have made a good post.

Anne Marie Corey said...

I'm totally cracking up about the pants. Congrats!