Monday, April 13, 2009

Tons of Catch up

Sorry I've been missing in action lately. I have not neccessarily been busy but my mind has been occupied. Well I guess looking back at the last two weeks I have been busy. I'll get everything posted. And I'm doing the 100th post drawing today. So if you people who didn't notice that 100th post drawing I'll give you til...eh, lets say 2:00 this afternoon to put a comment on that 100th post if you want to be entered(even though I said it was done on March 23rd)! Just go back to my older posts and you'll find it. Just a few random things. The girls are a little feverish today so we're gonna keep everything low key. Being up for most the night makes ya not want to do a whole lot during the day. You'd think they could coordinate their waking up but after I would get one down the other one would wake up.
One of the General Conference talks really struck Matt and I in a odd way. Not the way I think the speaker had probably intended us to react to it. Can't remember the name but he asked us to close our eyes and walk into our house and what did we see. When I imagined walking into my house I saw my beautiful piano then Matt and I opened our eyes and looked at each other and both of us said we have no pictures on our walls. I am HORRIBLE at decorating. I have great ideas but everything has to look perfect in my mind of what I envision before I can start buying things and EVEN THEN I second guess myself. For example, I went to this cool craft store named Hobby Lobby and had my cart full of stuff to decorate and all of a sudden I went through the whole store putting stuff back where I got it and left...with nothing. I know this is crazy behavior but I have issues people. But I'm happy to say that I was able to at least get a few pictures hung up on our walls this past week. I want people to come into my home and see pictures of my beautiful children and feel the love and just to have it feel warm and welcoming. I edited all my pictures (that I took of course). I took a picture of the girls together and have separate portraits of them. Got them printed off and now I'm just looking for frames to go over the piano. I was able to buy a painting for the guest bathroom with pretty reds, golds and olive greens. And last but not least I was able to make pictures to hang in the girls room. I got this idea to scrapbook photos of them and frame them. They turned out better than I had imagined. It's amazing how pictures change the feeling of a home. It almost opens up a whole new realm to explore and tells a story...if that makes sense. Here are the pictures I posted in the girls room. I was able to get white 8x10 frames for them.






Photos by Shannon Hadden Photography
I still have plans in the works for other areas of the home. Hopefully I can make this look nice. I have designed a wood sign for my kitchen and I finally decided on all the dimensions but scared to get it made. Why am I so scared that I'm going to mess up something? Seriously I have issues!! Anyway I'll post that too. It goes with my cafe theme. Might go a little more french style...more classic looking. We'll see haven't decided yet. If anyone knows where I can find a black chalkboard and miniature bistro set to decorate let me know! I found a little bistro set at Hobby Lobby but it was missing a chair.

4 Special Comments:

Shelley Gee said...

Pictures do liven up a house! The pictures of your girls are beautiful! And, don't stress, we all have issues :D

Shannon said...

Seriously we're the same in so many ways! I load up the cart full of things to buy and then one by one after going over everything in my head I put things back. If you need any help decorating I would love to help you, not that I'm so good at it or anything, but it's fun! I love the picture frames you made out of scrapbooking - so cute! (and thanks for for the Photography plug. :))

Seriously though, let me know if you need someone to go shopping with or anything. It was so great to have you and the girls over last weekend. We need to do that more often.

Shan

AJ said...

The photos look nice!

Beth said...

I have those issues too Deb!! I painted my kitchen after living in this house for ten years!!! But the good thing is it gave me courage, maybe the same will happen for you! The pictues are really cute!