Monday, April 13, 2009

Digital Scrapbooking

I just realized I share only a minimal amount of what I digitally scrapbook. A few years back my husband bought me this sweet program to digitally scrapbook. I think it was because I was spending so much on supplies. I was torn because I loved the traditional way but I'm finding more and more ways to be creative and digital scrapbooking really has taken off. Benefits are I don't have to get all my stuff out and have my kids rummage through all my tools ending in me being frustrated. If I make a mistake and cut too much off all I have to do is click the undo button. If I don't like the color...I just change it. I have done a few pages where I mix traditional with digital but mostly I think I'm converting. I would love to have photoshop elements because you can create your scrapbook pages with that program but for the time being I'll use what I have. For editing my pictures I've been using GIMP...it's a Linux based program. Here is something that I created today. It was inspired by a woman named JenniferZ from the scrapbook communites I frequent. They have so many cool ideas. Sometimes down the road I usually add more to the picture but this is what I have so far.


Photo by Shannon Hadden Photography
The paper and elements used are from the Kiwi Urban Digital Kit from ShabbyPrincess.com

2 Special Comments:

Meg said...

Okay so I need to get on this digital scrapbooking action. I am out of the loop. I need help. so I'll have to come over so you can show me, I'm on a computer all day but I'm clueless about this stuff.

Sorry to make you teary by my last post.

Unknown said...

That really is a great scrapbook page - so sophisticated and special!!! You rock the digi-scrapping world, woman!!! :-)