Over conference weekend I had the opportunity to see my little brother John a.k.a Bobby. We hadn't seen him for 2 1/2 years. During that time Maryn has grown and he had never even met Macey. The girls took to him right away because he such a bubbly guy. We picked him up at the airport and headed straight to Temple Square. He had never been to downtown SLC so we got to do the tourist thing. We took a tour of the conference center then went to see the Christus only to remember that Maryn left her ring in the bathroom at the conference center so Mommy went and retrieved that before the floodgates got too uncontrollable.
When we got back to the house Uncle John played hide and seek while I took care of Macey's needs and even taught her some card games. Maryn tried to pull a fast one on Uncle John and tried to change the rules to benefit her. Uncle John also got Maryn saying "Macey the wonder girl, if you poke her she will hurl".
That night we were able to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple. Watching him in the session he looked like he was mesmerized.
Friday we drove him down to a missionary reunion and the girls and I got to visit a friend we haven't seen for a while. She's so much fun to be around! Thanks again Shannon for the Easter Basket.Saturday we headed up to Cache Valley and got to do family things with the Murdock side. John tagged along and I hope he had a good time. On the ride home Matt and I gave him our off the mission speech and hopefully we helped him instead of discourage.
It was so much fun to see John...I still remember him as a little kid and it's crazy to think that he can actually marry now. By the way girls he is available...so if you know anyone he is attending BYU-I in the Fall!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Uncle John visits SLC
at 8:00 AM
Labels: John, temple square
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Special Comments:
Fun, Fun! It was great to have you stop by and hang out. Although I still feel terrible about not having heard the door and leaving you three out in the FREEZING cold! We'll have to get together again soon.
Hey I have 2 sisters there! Maybe he can hook up with one of them :)
Sounds like such a fun visit. Where in Cache Valley are the Murdocks?
It looks like you have been very busy. :) I love the girls in their curlers.
I had so much fun, thanks Deb!
Also, are Dawn's sisters cute? Just wondering...
Post a Comment