Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lost Wages

There are a few places that I would like to visit in my lifetime and as fate would have it my huband, who vowed he would never set foot in these places, got to go to 2 of th destinations in the last 2 months. Matt called me a few weeks back and was wondering how my day was going, how were the girls and how I was feeling. First of all, Matt NEVER does this. So I'm thinking who are you and what have you done with my husband. Then second thought...just cut to the chase what are you fishing at. So he asked what I had planned for certain dates and said that he would be going out of town for work. He tells me he's going to Las Vegas. SWEET! I say go for it and hang up. Then I think to myself...hey wait a moment I've been bugging him for years telling him I want to go see Phantom of the Opera in Vegas or New York and he gets to go. I quickly called him back and said "Honey, kind of twisted irony isn't it" and he just started laughing and told me he told his boss the whole story about me and had his boss laughing pretty hard. Anyhow, Matt had the opportunity to go to Vegas for about 4 days and was living the high life after his Trade Show would finish for the day. We would get to talk to him at night on the webcam and call him in the morning. He said he had an "eye opening experience" I think his words were. Probably got more of an eyeful than he bargained for. He said there was a reason it was referred to Sin City and people were proud of it.

When we dropped Matt off at the airport Maryn told me she was going to cry because she was sad. And she did just that for about 2 1/2 hours. That kid has stamina. Macey could have cared less and was happy to see Daddy in the computer and tried to eat him. I was talking to her the first day and told her Daddy was going to stay in a hotel.

"Mommy, what is a hotel?"

"Well Maryn, a hotel is like a home away from home. Daddy will be able to shower there and sleep. It's a place for him to stay while he's away from us."

"Oh, it's Home-tel"

Surrrrrre! So, now hotels are officially Home-tels.

Maryn kept asking everyday if it was Friday yet and was in a panic on Thursday because she thought we forgot to pick up Daddy. Ya see, Daddy is the favorite and life ceases to run without him. Fortunately we were able to survive. Only minor injuries occurred while he was gone. Nothing a Barbie band-aid couldn't fix. We also had fun on Friday with just the girls and I. We went to the district and got Maryn a cute summer haircut and walked around and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Macey got her breath taken away at the blustery wind.

We were so excited to have our Daddy back and he got us a little somethin' straight from Vegas. Our own sucker dice! Here's a few pics of our Happy Reunion. By the way Lost Wages is what Matt calls Las Vegas.

7 Special Comments:

Anne Marie Corey said...

Welome home, Matt! How long will you have to repent from taking that trip? I love Maryn's haircut. She looks even older now. It's unbelievable.

AJ said...

LOL...I agree with Matt on Lost Wages (Las Vegas). I don't care to go there again.

Undaunted said...

I am glad you had a good trip. Marc just went there for a football conference and said the same thing. :0

Lisa said...

That is so funny! Oh the things kids say is just priceless!!

Bri said...

I love the term Home-tel. Sadly, with our military life style Gwen knows all about hotels and it was a part of her vocabulary at an early age.

John said...

Now you know what I have around me all the time! But then again I'm not down on the strip everyday. Glad you had a good time.

Abe and April said...

That is a great name for Las Vegas. Very creative!