So ya know how I said hopefully we get some good news at my doctor appointment on my last post. Well...I went in that day and had already dialated to a 5. When the doctor checked me he just started laughing and said I'll probably see you tonight. An hour after I got home the whole process started unraveling (I'll refrain from the details). I had made a decision a few months ago I was going to try to deliver natural so we waited until almot 8:00 pm to arrive at the hospital because I didn't want to be strapped to a bed. The nurse wasn't really sure if I should be admitted yet eventhough I was at a 6 and not more than 4 hours later Macey decided to come all of a sudden and the nurses had to deliver her. The doctor actually didn't even end up showing up until 20 minutes after she arrived because someone forgot to notify him to tell him that I was even admitted. I am proud to say I was able to labor without medication and we are doing well. Matt always thought I couldn't handle pain very well and I always tell him if it's small I can't handle it. He'll have to stop giving me a hard time about being a wimp.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Welcome Baby Macey!!
Baby girl's full name is Macey Lenore. She was 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. She has a full head of brown hair. When they were cleaning her up she did not like the fact that they were poking and prodding her and tried to escape grabbing onto the side of the glass and rolling away from the nurses. That was pretty funny! We thought we were going to have a crying baby for most of the night but after she got bundled up and Daddy was holding her she quieted right down and she has been content ever since. Her demeanor is very sweet, laid back and calm. Her first night at home she only woke up twice. I keep thinking something is wrong because my first baby never slept but that's all Macey does is sleep.
We are so happy to have her finally here!!! Maryn can't get enough of her and cried when she couldn't hold the baby because she was eating. I feel bad because the lighting was not very good in the room so a lot of the pictures didn't turn out but I'll leave you with a few we did get.
at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 Special Comments:
Deb,
I'm so happy for you! You look great. There is something to be said about looking and feeling better when you have a natural delivery. She is beautiful. Don't worry. In about a week, she'll wake up more during the night. I'm glad Maryn is so excited to have a sister.
Rachel
Awww!! The pictures are beautiful, and check out that beauty of a baby - wow!! I can just imagine how much Maryn loves being a big sister. I've always said I wanted to have my babies natural (if I ever get to have kids)so you'll have to tell me all about it.
CONGRATS!!!
YAAAAAAAAY!!! :-) Congratulations, and GIRL POWER, Baby! ;-) So glad Miss Maryn is loving her, too!!! :-) What a great big sister!!! :-)
Congratulations! Wow, that seemed so quick. I LOVE the name Macey! One of my favorite students was named Macey. Perfect perfect perfect! I'm so happy for you.
She is just beautiful!
-love the Lee's
She is just a sweetheart! I can't wait to meet her! You are such a strong woman and I really admire you! Take it easy and rest ok?
Congrats on the sweet baby! I am so happy for you guys. If Maryn needs someone to play with while you nap with Macey she can come over and play with Jaxon anytime!
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
She is so girly looking already. i love it. Congratulations Deb. I bet it will be so much keeping up with Maryn not that you don't have a belly. I hope to experience that soon too. Your girls are adorable. Thanks for the Pics.
I love you so much. You are a great mom and have such a beautiful little girl. I'm so proud of you.
She's beautiful Deb! I'm glad everything went well. At every appointment at the end I was hoping they would tell me I was dialated enough to be admitted. Of course that didn't happend :)
My goodness, my goodness! you are right, things in your life just keep getting better and better. :) I agree with you that Matt should stop giving you a hard time about being a "whimp" but really if you think about it he shouldnt have ever called you a whimp because heck if you can handle the stress from Picture Galleries (not mentioning any names) you can handle stress of delivery.
Macey is just the perfect size and oh so beautiful. You look beautiful in your hospital bed with your 2 little girlies. CONGRADULATIONS!!!
Congrats again Debbie! We are so happy for you all! Enjoy your little sister Maryn!
Debbie,
I am so happy for you! You have such a sweet baby and you look totally fabulous! Congratulations!!!!
Yeah!!! I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful. Good job on the all natural. I did it that way once but not by choice, the meds just didn't work. I'm glad she is so good for you. It's nice to have an easy one after you've been given a not-so-easy one. Good Luck and keep us updated.
She's such a doll! Thanks for sharing the photos. My first two had the same sleep patterns as yours. Take care!
Post a Comment