Friday, October 17, 2008

Mom Support Group

I have been blessed in the regard where ever we move there are super moms all around me. I prefer to be on the giving end rather than the receiving and when I was living in Idaho I was always the Mom watching kids and it was great. It kept Maryn entertained and I felt good about helping people. This past week everyday I have been offered help in taking Maryn so I can rest and it has been so much appreciated. This week especially was particularly rough because hormones/nursing have been kicking my backside but I'm trying. I wanted to say a huge thank you to the following women Alison, Emily, Taylor, Carrie, Rona Lee and countless others who have offered help or brought in meals. We have a playgroup where I get to see all these wonderful women on a weekly basis besides church and they are amazing people.

Tuesday was a roller coaster day which ended up in my husband coming home and walking into a war zone. For you men out there never tease your wife about ANYTHING after she has a baby or you might get an ear full. After the dust settled he suggested I go to Young Women's the next day and I told him I couldn't and I didn't want to. But being the wise man he is kept asking if I would go even if it was only for an hour. So I relented and showed up having people upset at me for not taking it easy but it's what I needed to lift my spirits. So thank you Matt! Thank you girls for all your smiles that night I needed it. I think that I can get through the rest of the week.


5 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

That's the sort of "MSG" we could all use! :-)

And yes, hormones are wacky for WEEKS (if not months) after baby... glad you got to go to YW, and hope things settle down a bit!

Anne Marie Corey said...

The definition of a supermom is one that just gets up in the morning. Trust me, this is the hardest part. I love you, Debbie. You are amazing.

Alison said...

Those are such cute pictures of Macey. I'm so impressed at all that you've done already. Going to Walmart earlier this week, pretty amazing! Thanks for letting Maryn come over. My kids really love it, and I know how tiring it is with a new baby. I've always had Doug home, or his mom or my mom over for the 1st few weeks. Two kids is quite an adjustment and you're doing GREAT! I'm so glad you guys moved here!!

A Forever Family said...

What a cutie pie. Congrats from us. Eric was right he had a feeling it was going to be a girl. Gosh I am glad to see that you and Macey are doing good. Where are you guys living again? In washington or idaho?

Shannon said...

She is so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see her!