Amongst the chaos and craziness during pregnancy I managed to at least finish two blankets. I have a few others in the works but it just feels like I'm not making any forward progress. I love making baby blankets for people much to my husbands dismay. He knows it makes me happy so he just grins and takes it in stride. I am my biggest critic so I'll refrain from the flaws I see in it...but then again if it was perfect then it wouldn't be hand made. My friend's husband always tells me I come with disclaimers on whatever I do. Sorry Kirk can't help it! With all the blankets I've ever made I've only kept one and that was the very first one I ever created with my Aunt. It's Maryn's blankie now. I have material to make Macey's and hopefully I can get started on it before she realizes she doesn't have a blanket from her Mommy yet. Here are some pictures of my last few blankets. I really don't know if I'm doing it right but it sure is fun!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Every baby needs a hand made blankie
at 8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Special Comments:
B-A-Yootiful! ;-) What an artist you are... truly amazing!!!
You did such an awesome job, I totally cannot do anything like that. I also wanted to comment about your hospital bill problem and I have decided that yes you should come to Boise for your next baby, then we can see you again!!! Good luck with the sleep!
The quilts are gorgeous as you very well know. The persians would purposefully put a mistake in there rugs for fear that they would offend their perfect God. So, I guess you're on the right track.:0)
I love the bow with the ribbon. Now I see what you mean. I'd just stitch the knot of the bow into one of the stitches to hold it in place and keep from coming undone. Beautiful!! Amazing job! (I've still got a gift for Macey I need to give to you. I keep forgetting. I'll bring it by sometime.)
Your crocheted blanket amazes me! I cannot do that for the life of me. All I do are hats and.....welp thats it.
I agree with Tiff, come to Boise for your next baby, the hospital stay and bill will be WORTH the drive and better for your postpartum nerves. WHAT A MESS!!!
Deb youre awesome!!! and goodluck getting your camera settings back to normal. :)
Post a Comment