Sundays have been a little tricky the past couple of weeks. Both Matt and I both have meetings during certain weeks that we need to attend. One of them we actually both have to be there. This past Sunday just Matt had his meeting which left me with getting 3 people ready. Now if they were boys no sweat but girls are a little bit more involved. We fortunately got the girls bathed Saturday night so that wasn't an issue. When I was getting Macey's bag ready for church I had a prompting to put an extra pair of clothes in her bag. Now I've had this type of thought dozens of times but this time for some reason I ran back upstairs and just grabbed the first thing I saw and stuffed it in her diaper bag.
During the second hour of church Macey needed to be fed so I dragged myself into the mother's lounge (still trying to get the hang of this). We were a few minutes from being done and Mount Macey erupted!!! I said out loud, I have 5 seconds to get her on the changing table or she'll soil through and right when I put my hand on her back it was too late! My friend Carrie was laughing and I was too because I didn't know what else to do. I threw her on the changing table and it's one of the moments where you just look dumbfounded not knowing where to begin. I carefully stripped her down and she had "stuff" up to her neck on her feet on her belly and it seemed to be magically multiplying everywhere. I went through all my wet wipes and then some of Carrie's. I would've taken her home but that's where the prompting part comes in. I was participating in the lesson that day and was very grateful that I didn't leave. We had a discussion on some very important topics that I needed to be there for. Carrie's leaving comment from the mother's lounge was it's sure a good thing they're cute! AMEN TO THAT
Note to self...replenish wet wipes, throw another emergency outfit in the bag and remember to throw in a plastic bag for future eruptions.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Thank goodness for promptings and wet wipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 Special Comments:
Ah, those precious moments of teeny-baby-hood... ;-)
Glad you were able to stay! :-)
Sounds like an event I wouldn't want to have been a part of. Although I have been there before. Good job listening to helpful promptings.
Thar she blows!!! Debbie, Macey has officially marked you as her Mommy. Awwww, how sweet and stinky!
lol! That is great!! :) Pooping and nursing at the same time is a talent newborns have! :) Tayvree did that to me...and I had to change my clothes too!! :0)
Oh, I remember those days. Oh wait...it just happened to me again last week. Just when I thought it was over :)
lol...I remember those days too. Tim actually had it dropping off his foot as I ran to the restroom! Glad it worked out!...LOL.
One of my favorite things as a mom is to listen to Dads handle that sort of situation. Gwen exploded at least weekly when she was young, so I'm a pro at dealing with "stuff." But Sam normally doesn't have to handle it. Now he spends one or 2 nights a week with the girls so I can have some me time. I normally go out. But a few weeks ago I stayed home and did some sewing. It was hilarious to hear his reaction and shock to Maggie's explotion from the other side of the house.
Post a Comment