So, last time I checked I'm pretty sure that I had a baby girl at the hospital. Well, according to my bill I got from the hospital today I guess I was wrong. Also the amount of money they quoted us before we left the hospital didn't quite reflect what we were billed for...like 6000 dollars higher than what we were quoted. Now I know for a fact that Macey didn't get circumcised and that I didn't have any anesthetics and I sure didn't have a c-section. So I'm just trying to figure out why on earth they are on our bill. There are numerous other things that don't add up. I never had her in the nursery accept to take a bath and we had this huge nursery bill. Unless a bath cost 1500 dollars...that's one expensive bath. I am so disappointed in this hospital and the disorganization of everything. I won't go into all the details but just to give you a glimpse I ended up delivering without my doctor there because oh wait someone forgot to call him to let him know I was admitted. I might have to have Matt deal with it because it gives me such anxiety to even think about a bill I can't correct right away. Of course I had to get the bill on the weekend and won't be able to resolve it until Monday. Sheesh people!!! I'm seriously thinking of traveling back to Boise to deliver our next child.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 Special Comments:
I can't believe that! I hope that Matt is able to work everything out. With Emily we had our insurance tell us after the fact that they wouldn't pay because it was a preexhisting condition. Of course I called and told them to look in the file and they would find a letter from our other insurance stating we had been insured right up to moving. So they looked and there it was. The poor insurance had to pay!
Wow! You've had such a bad time at that hospital, there's no way I'm going there to deliver. Watch me get a shared room at the U though, wouldn't that be great. Insurance is such a pain in the neck- it seems there's always something to have to deal with. You've got enough going on, I'm glad you're going to have Matt take care of it.
I am so sorry you have had such a hard time with them. It's crappy because I delivered there and I had a great experience. So, it just makes me sad that you didn't. I just cannot believe that they did all of that..really. It almost makes me want to go somewhere else to have my next baby too, but I really like my doctor.
Oh, by the way, I found your blog through Alison's. I hope you don't mind! :)
I'm sorry you've had a rough time. I think I had something extra show up on one of my bills down there too, but we got it worked out somehow. I don't remember now. Which hospital were you in?
That is so crazy! Which hospital was this?
Eek... between bureaucracy and anti-paying insurance policies, I'm fed up. SO fed up. Good luck to you though!!!
Post a Comment