I have something to admit...and this one is a toughy for me because usually I have all my ducks in a row but I'm overwhelmed. Sometimes I wish I could duplicate myself so I could get done everything I need to and have enough hands to help everyone that's demanding my attention. So, people say going from 1 to 2 is hard...I'm thinking 2 to 3 kids is kicking my butt. A few things I've learned in the past couple weeks.
There is no point in buying anything nice because it's going to get destroyed anyway.
Don't take 3 kids to a decorating store because it will end up in shattered glass and peppers on the ground.
Probably going to the library will have to be a special thing for Maryn without Macey...going with 3 kids is impossible and ends in ripped books.
Never and I say NEVER AGAIN will I bring all three kids to a doctor appointment for me.
If you think something is high enough and out of reach of your 21 month old...you probably need to put it even higher.
My crafts and free time are a thing of the past.
But then there are the sweet moments...
Maryn telling me I'm the best mommy in the whole wide world.
Macey giving me a hug not asked(begged) for.
Mason making his first cooing.
I'll take the good with the frustrating. Just need to find a little bit of balance in this whole crazy mommy world.
p.s. Since I took that picture of Mason his cheeks have expanded further. Hard to believe I know, but seriously those things are huge! Gonna need a wheel barrow to tote those cheeks around.
8 Special Comments:
Such sweet pictures! Man, I need to get up there one of these days for a visit. You amaze me, Deb! One of these days Ryan and I will stop by and you and Matt can go out for a bit or something. Seriously, even though we're down here we can always come up there.
You are not alone! I know how you feel...
Oh Deb, hang in there!! Three is hard, I remember being scared to go to the store and even church! But soon school will start and you will begin to find little moments in your day for peace. What beautiful children you have! They grow so so fast. I'm glad you take time to treasure the little good things that happen too.
You are not alone. All of us mom's feel that way. You got 2to 3. My adjustment is 1-2 and staying home. But we can do it. :)
Cute pics.
Isn't funny how little things like hugs can make us re-appreciate being moms. If you ever need a couple of hours to yourself I would be more than willing to entertain your kids. Zach and Macey would have fun together. Or if you need a girls night out we can leave the kids with the guys and hit up Tai Pan.
I'm so sorry about the dr. appt.! I wish we would've been home. Sounds like I need to hear a good story about glass shattering too. And I completely agree about the library - I stopped taking all the kids together LONG ago. Now I just choose books for D while the two older are in school. Bring the kids over ANYTIME! E-man's missing Macey. And I think you've got it a little harder than most because the two younger are so much closer in age. You're doing amazing! Don't forget that!
You so live my life. Come check out my blog, there is a vidoe on there right now that is just for you. I have come to the conclusion that there will be time enough for spotless windows and clean carpets. It is hard, but I have had to let a few things go so that I wont miss my children being little. As you kno, it goes by really fast.
I've learned that dust keeps, but kids don't. So enjoy the kids. Like that song says, "You're gonna miss this." Hang in there. It gets easier...someday. And,take my word for it, you'll get your rewards someday when they say, "Thanks, mom, for everything."
Post a Comment