Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Matty




Today is my Matty's birthday. Last night he asked me how old he was turning. I thought he was kidding so I asked him how old do you think you are. He said I'm 30 right now aren't I? Usually he jokes and I wait for him to have this smirk because he's always kidding around. I waited and the smirk was sorta there but I couldn't tell. He's getting good at masking it. Do you really think you're only 30??? He said yeah! I told him he was turning 32 and he didn't believe me. We're so thankful for all the things that Matt does for our family. Maryn is right here beside me so we're going to give you a run down why our Daddy/Husband is so special.

--He devotes all his time to his family. In every decision that he makes it's always focused on his family. He built with the help of a good friend a playhouse for the girls so they could have fun in the backyard and also to save my sanity.

--He reads to the girls almost every night and makes sure they get individual time as much as possible.

--He is the MacGyver of Mr. Fix It. Even if he doesn't have the right tools he'll make something miraculously work. I always know if we have a problem that needs to be fixed eventually he will come up with a solution.

--He gives us kisses and hugs when he leaves for work and when he comes home from work.

--He loves to help other people and doesn't like to see other people suffering.

--He's always willing to take the kids with him if he has to run errands. (This is HUGE)

--Plus, we think he's the cutest Daddy ever.

We love our Daddy and hope he has a good birthday today...even though he had to work. Someone will have to tell him to check the blog because he rarely does unless I leave it up.

1 Special Comments:

Meg said...

Happy Birthday Matt.