Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My tummy hurts Mommy!

My tummy hurts Mommy is a phrase used often by Maryn if she doesn't want to eat the rest of her food. So after hearing it about 50 times today you'd think I would've caught on to the fact that maybe this was legit. We went to grocery shopping this afternoon and Maryn kept telling me that her tummy hurt and that she needed to go in the cart. So, I relented and moved Macey and threw her in the cart. I asked her if that helped and she said no. We were just about to head towards the check out when I looked at Maryn and she looked like she was going to hurl. I asked her if she was going to throw up and she nodded her head and I started walk/running to the bathrooms when she couldn't hold it any longer. I put my hand out (yah, like I was gonna catch everything) and she proceeded to cover me and the floor with lunch from a couple hours before. I had a moment of de ja vu. This happened to me about 3 years ago in Boise. I would go out of my way to go to a different WinCo across town because I was so embarrassed to step back into the store. Luckily this time instead of waiting forever for someone to help me a Walmart worker walked by me. All I said is I need help I'm so sorry about the groceries but I HAVE TO LEAVE! Felt really bad about that but if I would've stayed any longer I would've risked having another spewing fest. I dragged Maryn out of the store with her screaming, "I feel better Mommy I don't want to leave, I want to pay for the groceries."

JOY IS EVERYWHERE!!!

I always say things come in three's...I'm hoping I can count this as my third thing.

6 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, poor Maryn and poor you for having to use your hand as a bucket. That's hilarious though about what she said as you were trying to leave. Oh the joys!

Anne Marie Corey said...

Oh my gross! I'm so sorry Miss Maryn, I bet that wasn't fun. Deb, you poor thing.

Undaunted said...

At least with her hurling in Wal-Mart the staff chages often enough that they won't know who you are in about two week. ;)

Bri said...

Too Funny! Gwen lost her lunch this week too. But I was fortunate enough to have it be a private matter.

The Crazy Heads said...

Gross, bad timing. One time I kept telling my mom that my stomach hurt (I was 12) and she didn't listen to me. I ended up in the hospital with a burst appendix. She will never live it down.

Donnie and Christina said...

Hmmmm, maybe you should always bring a bucket with you to go shopping! haha lol. Glad she is feeling better!