Thursday, January 29, 2009

It was bound to happen




It was bound to happen sooner or later. When you're first time parent sometimes bodily functions of your children can embarrass you. When it's the second time around it's just plain funny. We were sitting in church and of course we were in the middle of passing the sacrament (I think kids plan for times like these) when all of a sudden an eruption like no other echoed and I mean echoed throughout the chapel. I think every kid within a mile radius turned their head and from what I can remember a few parents just smiled probably glad that it wasn't their kid or reminiscing about when that happen to them. Matt was holding Macey and Maryn yelled, "Macey had a blow out!" With Maryn if you don't validate her responses right away she just keeps repeating them over and over again until you give her some sort of approval that you heard her. Mind you we're in the middle of sacrament so she kept repeating that phrase over and over again...quite loudly in fact. I looked over at Macey and she was expressionless like what just happened why is everyone looking at me. Ah the innocence of a baby!

11 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

Oh man that's hilarious!!! I'm sure all the mother's there knew what it was - but it's just plain funny that Maryn repeated it over and over again. Gotta love it!!

BrittanyLane said...

That top picture is so cute! If you think bodily noises are fun with girls, just wait until you have a boy... (Mason could belch voluntarily before he could speak. Where do they learn these things???)

Unknown said...

LOL!!! We were on pins & needles when Kiddo was excited about "POOP!", but the threat never actually materialized. He's the same way about repeating things until he gets a response, too, which is difficult if you're trying so hard to stifle a laugh that you can't speak, LOL! ;-) Glad you survived, and what a GREAT baby story! :-)

The Crazy Heads said...

That stinks!!!! Ah, I bet it did too! You probably knew by now to have a change of clothes, right??? Doesn't it seem like the parents should have a change of clothes too!

Anne Marie Corey said...

ha ha ha ahhhhhhhh ha aha ha ha. Oh man, good job Macers. Now, for the next assignment...:)

John said...

Aww... Macey "blew out". I still need to see that girl.

Donnie and Christina said...

To cute in a stinky way!

Undaunted said...

LOLOL Been there. That is just funny. I think you aren't truely iniciated into parenthood until you laugh through those moments. :)

Abe and April said...

Kids do the cutest things don't they. At least it wasn't your first week in the ward. That would have been a great way to introduce your family.

Unknown said...

hahahaha. I'm laughing because I can relate. When Kierra was a newborn, she would throw-up all over Trent at church. Atleast it was usually in Sunday School. When my niece was 3, she was big into Cinderella. During the sacrament, she was looking over the bench at another girl's Cinderella book...she saw the cat and YELLED, "Lucifer!"

Unknown said...

the last comment (and this one) was made by LAURA..not Trent. oops.