Look at this rugged Hottie!!! Sorry girls he's taken.









I'm a little sad because I didn't get a lot of pictures from Maryn's Birthday Snow Party but then again Matt videotaped the whole party inside so at least we have something. For Maryn's 4th birthday we had a snow themed party. Matt was pretty dead set against having anything princess or character type themes so I had to become creative. I decided on a snow party. On the side of our house we have this nice little sledding run perfect for kids...the only problem was it had been sunny all week and the snow was rapidly melting. Don't laugh but all week I was praying for snow so she could have a special day and the night before her party there was about 5 inches of fresh snow that dumped. That morning couldn't have been more perfect. The sun was shining and the air was crisp. We had 7 kids eventually show up.
The first hour we sledded and thank you to all the parents who helped out. I couldn't have done this alone. My friend's husband was there and he was a lifesaver. He packed all the snow at the bottom to make a bank for the kids so they wouldn't run into the fence. Imagine little girls squealing down the hill on their sleds. It was so hilarious. We had 3 to 4 foot snow drifts in the back and some of the kids would get lost when they went to play in the snow. Maryn's little friend Porter(the only boy...lucky him) was there and he was practically swimming through the snow.
After about an hour they were cold and came in for hot chocolate. After they warmed themselves up they played pin the carrot on the snowman. Four of the Kids put the carrot in the same spot and I know they couldn't see. What are the odds of that? I asked them what was missing on the snowman and they all yelled at his nose. Then I asked what we should name him and they all yelled Frosty.
I had a little cake but instead of having cake for all the kids I had them make their own personal snowman cupcakes. They had marshmallows, licorice rope, gumdrops, gummy lifesavers, mini chocolate chips and pretzels to decorate. They turned out really cute. We sang happy birthday to Maryn and on the way over I accidentally blew out her candles. Thank goodness the lighting stick was close by so I hurried and re lit them only to have Maryn blow them out before everyone could finish the song. Might have to explain the wish thing to her.
People were more than gracious to bring presents. Matt and I always feel a little weird about receiving gifts but this was Maryn's party and she was super excited. I think she got more for her party than she got for Christmas. What's up with that Santa?!?!
Maryn was exhausted after her party. She could barely hold her head up. Matt popped in a movie that Maryn got for her birthday and she fell asleep but Matt kept watching the Barbie movie. I told him we had to go somewhere and he didn't want to leave because he was really getting into the movie. It's a good thing Matt doesn't mind having all girls.
8 Special Comments:
What a fun party! Love the snow men.
That's awesome! And way to keep it happy and non-princess-y, LOL!!! ;-)
I love the idea of a snow party! The cupcakes are a great idea. I might have to steal it for a Family Home Evening treat.
You guys are the coolest parents ever! What a fun themed party, and what a good time you all had. I love that you had them decorate their own cupcakes - brilliant!!
That was an awesome idea Deb! You amaze me, and a big happy birthday to my first favorite little girl, Maryn!!!!!!
What a great idea! They all look like they had a blast.
That was such a great idea. I would love a party like that. The snowmen where sooooo cute. Tell my maryn that Auntie Anne loves her.
The kids had so much fun. Thanks for letting Porter crash the party. He loved it!
Post a Comment