In the past few months I've had to make some changes in my life yet again and one of being the food I consume...still working on coping with the stress part. My body has always been whacky when it comes to food but this time it's an effort of trying to eat the right foods to help something not working in my body work better. I'm a border line natural health nut but love my goodies too! Anyway...I had a list of foods that were supposed to be helpful and half of them I've never even tried before. What the heck lets try them all...ya only live once, might as well try everything. A lot of them are veggies. And might I say Brussel Sprouts are not as bad as people make them out to be. Sure I added brown sugar to the veggie mixture then simmered it in chicken broth but on their own they taste and smell like Broccoli minus the little green things that get stuck in your teeth. So why this mental block to Brussel Sprouts all these years? I think maybe my tastes are changing as I grow older because I used to not like Lasagna but then my sister made it for me and my view of that changed. My eyes have been opened. Try something new this week you may find that you actually like it.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Special Comments:
I don't think I've ever had brussel sprouts. There are a lot of things I should probably try.
Brussel Sprouts rock! thwpp, thwpp, thwpp. Try them with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. J/K!
Post a Comment