Sunday, December 28, 2008

I can't say thank you enough!!

Utah had this massive snow storm come through the week of Christmas except we were up in Idaho which was also having record amounts of snow. I know for us it took Matt and his Dad about half a day to get their driveway cleared. The snow was about as tall as Maryn...in fact if you put her in the snow you would probably only be able to see her head if that. Pretty crazy! On our way home Saturday night we had no idea what to expect and as we got closer to Kearns it seemed like the snow was getting deeper and deeper. By the time we got to our subdivision I was already in my mind thinking that I need to go down to Walmart and get another shovel because there is NO WAY we are going to be able to drive in our driveway. We drove up our street and there are literally towers of snow everywhere. It's a sight to see. When we got to our house our driveway and walkway was magically cleared. I had an idea who did it and was so thankful that our neighbors thought of us while we were gone. I always wondered what it would feel like to live in a neighborhood where everyone watches out for each other and now I know. I can not say thank you enough for our neighbors who dug us out. I got choked up driving in...must be those darn hormones. I found out 2 of the guilty parties so far and will have to generously thank them.

7 Special Comments:

AJ said...

What a wonderful gift!

Melissa said...

What wonderful neighbors!

Shannon said...

That's so awesome! You have some great neighbors. :)

Alison said...

Hey, send them our way next time! Doug called my dad and had him bring his snow blower over one of the days! And he got stuck getting into our driveway in the rental van because it just pushed the snow instead of driving on it. It took some shoveling to get finally get unstuck! Gotta love the snow :)

The Wendt Wagon said...

It is SSSooo great when we are reminded that among all the mean and grumpy people out there, there are still so many nice ones left. I am glad you are home safe.

Bri said...

We love our neighborhod too. I call it the wonderyears street because we have block parties just like on the opening credits of the old TV show the wonder years.

Abe and April said...

It sounds like you moved to the right place.