Friday, July 27, 2012

Speedracer, Birthday and more

I'm not a person who can pack a lot into one day little alone one week.  I used to be that way but as you get older you realize that you get exhausted so much more easily. But, I've been trying to give the kids a good summer.  We've been trying to make it to our playgroups and joining our hiking moms in our neighborhood.  We've made multiple trips to the park(not without Matt of course).  We've been enjoying the hot weather by creating a make shift water slide in our back yard. The girls have been in swim lessons and they seem to be enjoying it. They are getting more confident being in the water and hopefully they will get a love of swimming.


Macey is officially apart of the biking club. She rode from our house all the way down to the park on her own plus around the park circle about 5 times then back to the house. I always wonder with each child how fast they'll be able to pick things up. I've noticed with Macey that she is a really fast learner but she works hard too to get good at it. She gets frustrated when she can't do something but her first inclination is not to quit.


Daddy had his birthday last weekend. It was on a Sunday and we had Grandpa with us. We took Daddy out to dinner the night before to celebrate. Matt's favorite cake is carrot cake. And you know me, go big or go home, so I made him the ultimate skyscraper carrot cake cheesecake. Maryn decided it was his birthday all week long so they have been celebrating every day since Sunday. I think that girl is going to become a party planner. She made a homemade pin the tail on the donkey game and made invitations for everyone in the family.


Buddy is still being buddy. He got kicked out of nursery a few weeks back so Matt and I have had to be alternating bouncers in nursery. He mostly gets in trouble because he's clumsy and knocks kids over then finds it funny so does it on purpose. Or one time he saw a group of kids trying to pop bubbles so what does my kid do? He pretends he's a bowling ball and runs into them and knocks them all over. My kid is all boy except he was carrying a girlfriend around the other day(mermaid barbie) and wouldn't let anyone touch her.

I'll leave you with some other random pics over the last few months. Still trucking along on my 7 year blanket. I'm 90% done. Got the binding sewn on and just need to hand stitch the thing down. I won't know what to do with myself after having that done. And believe it or not this is the first time I've ever done binding I've quilted for 8 years now and always have found a way around it. I had a rough idea how to do it and practiced on a small project years ago but had serious holes in my memory. Thank goodness for youtube.





3 Special Comments:

Anne Marie Corey said...

Go, Macey, Go!! Happy Birthday, Matt & Mason, let's go a few rounds, Buddy-guy. Everyone looks so grown up. Love you all.

Shannon said...

Gosh those kids are getting so big! Those two youngest sure could be twins, I think. Happy Birthday Matt!

Debbie Murdock said...

I agree Shannnon. I can't even tell you how many times people have asked me if they are twins. Funny thing is they both weigh 33 lbs.