Friday, July 6, 2012

Our July 4th

Sorry guys no pics but we had a lot of fun on our July 4th.  This is the first year that we were not in Clifton in the whole 10 years of marriage.  Family Camp got moved to Labor Day Weekend because Matt's sister is getting married.  Instead, we were invited to our friend's for a BBQ.  They have a cul de sac and the circle is pretty much a play land the whole time.  There was water toys out for the for kids and I saw a new side of Maryn that I hadn't seen before.  They had these water soaker toys and she was taunting all the boys.  That girl is a tom boy and was playing the whole time with the big boys.  Her and bishop got into it and both of them were drenched with in a few minutes.  She even had the guts to pop water balloons over the adults heads.  It was funny to watch.  Wishing now I would've at least video taped it.  I didn't have Macey in her bathing suit because of her angry toe but she ended up getting drenched and was right a long side Maryn in all her mischief.  Mason kept walking around finding anyone with food and backing into them to sit down and mooch off of them.  He also was trying to catch all the puppies that were around.  He ended up getting tackled by one of them which was funny.  He was pinned and got licked to death.  The big boys had a balloon launcher and bishop, his son and my husband decided to launch balloons.  Soon their balloon launching turned on the group.  When Matt's back was turned I chucked a balloon and nailed him directly in the back except it didn't break.  I hurried and sat down and everyone put their head down.  I was for sure I was a goner.  He didn't do anything.  Come to find out later that night he told me his back was hurting because someone had pegged him with a water balloon.  I told him I was sorry and he was for sure that couldn't have been me that threw the balloon.  There was a firework ban on our area because we are so close to the mountain so we just had some ground displays which was great for the younger kids.  We got to enjoy great conversation and delicious food!  Thanks again Meg!!!

0 Special Comments: