Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Scrapbooking Site and projects


I finally got my software updated.  My hubby got a sweet deal from work for a faster computer and gave it to me because he noticed I would have to wait sometimes up to a minute for some of my stuff to load.  The new computer has been great but what was not great I couldn't transfer my Digital Scrapbook artist program on it.  The kids put one little gouge in the disk and that was it.  To replace it would cost money so we just decided to get the upgrade for a few bucks more.  I've been enjoying it thoroughly and haven't had to learn the system because it is so similar to the old program.  Anyhow, there is an option where you can post your completed projects on daisytrail.com.  You have your profile and account and people can comment.  Did you know there is a huge community of digital scrappers out there?  It's the coolest thing ever!!!  I only had put up 1 project page yesterday and have already gotten 5 comments...did I ever tell you that I LOVE comments.  It's been fun viewing other people's work and getting fun ideas to experiment with.  If you want to view my stuff the website is daisytrail.com and my name is Missdeb...you have to sign up for an account unfortunately but if you're a scrapper you won't regret it.

I finished a major project last week that will be posted to view after July 30th on the blog.  I have a list of projects that I had put aside over the years and darn it they will be finished by the end of this year.  I think hubby is happy because I'm wrapping up all these projects that have been hanging around.  One being the infamous unfinished blanket that's been hiding out in my closet for the last 7 years.  I'm 45% finished with the quilting which is HUGE.  I feel a big push to wrap up all my projects before I start too many new ones.  Do you like how I didn't say before I start "any".  Ya like that is going to happen.  I know myself all too well.  I just feel like I'm running out of time.  Time is a funny thing when you get older.  I think it starts picking up speed.

Here are a few pages down below I finished in the last few days.  It's for Macey's first year scrapbook.  That's next on the ticket.  Each kid gets there first year scrap-booked.  Maryn's is pretty much done.  Hers is a hybrid of both digital and paper scrapping.  I just need to print off the remaining digital ones I finished and get everything assembled in one place.  I think I'm a little obsessed with my crafting.  Next week I'll be helping out a friend with truffles for her daughter's wedding.  I feel old because the daughter was one of my young women not more than a few years ago but I'm so happy for her.  Here's to happy crafting!!!



1 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

Those are wicked cute! You are so talented. I love what you come up with.