Friday, July 8, 2011

It only took 20 years

I just can't believe it.  Just yesterday night I found something that I had been searching for on and off for 20 years.  No, it's not my brain...I'm still searching for that.  Any other guesses?

When I was 12  I attended my first girl's camp.  Even though we got rained out and had to leave early they had this narrated musical program that I clearly remember.  The music was so beautiful and I was so wishing that I could have sang with them but my confidence and direction in my life was missing.  That's a WAY other story but anyway I had heard majority of the music that they sang before except for one and the name of the song was "Remembered No More".  The melody and accompaniment was absolutely beautiful and the message was good too.  After a little while I kept my eye open for the music but was never able to find it.  I even tried to get it from the gal that sang it 10 years later but that ended up being unsuccessful.  I searched online for a little while but came up empty handed until the other day I typed in the words differently and was able to find an author and where it was published.  Unfortunately it was from an old seminary pamphlet that was from 1977 and of course is out of publication.  At least I had something to go off of now.  I had briefly looked down at the church's library but wasn't able to find anything.  I decided to go back because a group of awesome ladies organized all the music so it was easy to find things.  Low and Behold the song was there!!!!  I am so excited to finally have access to this piece of music.  I just hope someday I'll be able to sing it for something.  The song is based on morality and forgiveness.  It would be great for Young Women's but I'm not serving there anymore.  Maybe by God's grace he'll create an opportunity for me.

Here is a REALLY REALLY rough and awful recording of it and the piano is overpowering but hopefully you can hear it a little just to appreciate the beauty of this song.  And just so you don't have to look at me in real time I gave you a stationary picture that I like when I was actually cute and dressed nice!

So, as it turns out blogger won't let me post the video.  So sad.  Maybe I"ll have to figure out another way to let you hear it.


2 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

Don't you love it when you find those kinds of things?! I've been looking for a very specific version of "Battle Hymn of the Replublic" since singing it in High School choir, can't find it anywhere because I don't know who wrote the version of it. Can't wait to hear you record yourself singing that song! :)

The Crazy Heads said...

You tube it baby!