I am 95% done with weeding my massively over landscaped yard and I am to the side of the house which I dread. Every year I get to this part and I end up leaving it because the ants get the best of me. If it's a few ants I can deal with it...if it's a colony of ants that crawl up your leg if you step wrong it's too traumatic for me to go on. This side of the house is kind of steep so it has rocks holding in the dirt next to the curbing which has ant hills underneath. Hopefully no one has walked by the house when I've gotten ants on me because it's not a pretty sight. Someone walking by might think someone is getting mugged behind my house or choice words might be used. Not my finest hour I'll just say when bugs are involved. So far I've gotten further than the last 4 years in weeding this little plot. I have to step away and come back to try to do this. After I'm done weeding though is when the hard part starts. I'm laying down landscaping fabric so I won't have to weed as much and this is going to consist of me moving all the rocks again that have the blasted ant colonies hidden underneath so I can place the fabric just right. IT HAS TO BE DONE!!! Preferably by July 22nd. I'll take a huge breath and push forward probably screaming and flailing along the way but I will come out on top. Here's a few pics of the backyard so far. Pictures don't do it justice these were taken about 3 weeks ago so the lavender hedge is more in bloom and bigger now. It's a little piece of heaven(when the garage scream band next door is not playing). Just for once why couldn't a country band or a jazz ensemble start up next door. It would be a welcomed relief.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
It just had to be ants
at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 Special Comments:
Haha! I can just imagine if I walked by your house when you react that way. I would just crack up. You are so funny Deb!
You are so funny. I hate ants to, we have earwigs, YUCK. The yard looks beautiful. Crank up the country and drive them out :)
Love ya girl!!
Post a Comment