Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Music at Macey's

Sorry for the lack of pics.  To download from my camera the pictures seems like such a process(in reality it's not) but the few spare moments I have in the day end up being filled in very quickly.

I just wanted to write a quick note telling you something I'm nervous and excited about!  For the past three years I've been going to Macey's supermarket.  I love this store just for the fact that they are old fashioned, courteous and give treats to occupy the kids while shopping.  Every year after Thanksgiving our little market totes in this huge digital grand piano and people can sign up to play.  I've always wanted to do it but haven't had the confidence to sign up.  Well people, I finally got up the guts after three years to sign up.  I've been wanting to do this for so long and now I finally have the chance and I'm so nervous!!  I know there are millions of people better than me but I can fulfill my little side dream of being a Nordstrom's piano player just for a few hours during the week...just not as good but darn it I'm going to have fun!!!!  WISH ME LUCK!!!! 

6 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

That is AWESOME!! You are going to be fabulous I just know it. :D I think it is wonderful to share your talents in this way and I KNOW that those shoppers in Maceys will love you. Happy playing with no luck needed. It's all skill baby!! Love Ya!

Lisa Robbins said...

That's awesome Deb! I am positive you will do great! Maybe I should come visit Maceys during that time! hehe!

Shannon said...

Are you kidding me?! That is SOOO awesome!! You'll do amazing at it, and what a fun way to get into the Christmas Spirit..."playing loudly for all to hear", or is it singing loudly? Either way, it's awesome! You and me both had that dream of playing in Nordstrom. I always thought that we be so cool. :)

Meg said...

That is awesome. Good for you. When do you play I want to come hear you.

Bri said...

Fun, I hope you update us on how it went and how much fan mail you get :)

Anne Marie Corey said...

Girl, you don't need luck, 'cause you've got talent!