I did it! I'm so proud of myself. You don't know how much courage it took for me to go play. Singing...no sweat...that doesn't bother me doing that in front of people but playing the piano that's a different story. I got the kids all situated, brother dropped off to the airport and I was on my way to Macey's. I got there a few minutes early and I opened my car door and heard the piano music coming from the front of the store. I shut the door and sat in the car for a second. I was afraid of who was playing before me because what if they were really really good and I totally sucked! I finally got the guts to walk in and walked around the store until her time was up. Come to find out she was probably not more than 17. If she could do it why am I so nervous?!?!
I sat down and began to play and everyone disappeared. I had so much fun and the time went by super fast. I think I only repeated 2 songs. I could hear the guys bringing in the carts whistling to what I was playing. And there were so many nice people that would compliment me as they walked pass. The first lady that came by was hilarious. She told me that I needed to crank up the volume cause it sounded great. I was too afraid of playing too loud because of some of the rules Macey's has. Another gal gave me a very nice compliment she said that she enjoyed listening to me while they shopped. She felt like she was being treated to a wonderful concert. Also, I made $5.34 in tips! WOOHOO!
I signed up for one more day. So if anyone wants to visit for FHE I'm playing on Monday from 8:00 to 9:00. I'm off too bed.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Piano Debut
at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Special Comments:
That is AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it. :)
it's funny how nervous you get because you're really good. good for you conquering your fear and achieving a goal
Good for you!!! Way to conquer that fear, I bet it was wonderful and think of all those people's days you made.
That is awesome. Good for you. YEAH. You play beautifuly to.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it and are going back again. Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment