Tuesday, December 28, 2010

And the bricks go back up

My husband teases me because he says I have a wall around me built up so high that not even the armed forces and all their weaponry can penetrate it.  I hate being put in situations where I feel like I need to get my bricks and mud back out after over a good amount of time a few bricks have been removed.  But thus again I go to the extreme and want to build that wall even higher.  I know this goes against everything I believe in but I still do it anyway then it takes twice as long to widdle those bricks away again.  Do other people do this or is this just me?  Makes me not want to open my mouth or talk with people ever again and just resort to talking to my kids and husband because at least they love me completely faults and all.  Just thinking/writing out loud.  Better go do something productive before I start feeling completely inadequate.

2 Special Comments:

AJ said...

I totally understand that. I felt like I had a wall around me for ages. And there are still times or rather people that necessitate a defensive wall. It's not that I can't forgive them or anything. It's just that I can trust them to act inappropriately. Most of my wall came down about 3.5 years ago when I finally KNEW that Heavenly Father loved me and accepted me no matter what...and when I finally forgave my parents for their mistakes.

Meg said...

I have a wall up to for most things. I only let people know a little about me because I think they'll be scared if they know to much. You can come talk to me any time. I didn't know you until you kept me in YW with you and we always had so much fun talking, we could talk for a long time. Come hang out, I'm usually scrapbooking or making cards. You can tell me anything. I am loyal and trustworthy, and what ever you tell me stays with me. Love ya girl