Thursday, December 23, 2010

And a big *sigh*

Nothing like being able to breathe after a huge month of rushing everywhere.  And I've been done with my Christmas Shopping since practically Black Friday.  Sure there is always those stocking stuffers and what not but the time has been going by too fast. 

Just got the kids situated and I'm in Clifton sitting by a fire just collecting my thoughts so I thought I would write down a few.  Even if they are sporadic and jumbled.  What I like about Clifton is time slows down.  It gives you a moment to breathe and to appreciate what really matters.  We live in a world of express everything.  Everything is done quick and we never get time to appreciate what is around us or the people that are in our life.  Time can be our biggest friend or our greatest enemy.  It is something that once it's gone we can never get back and something we always wish we had more of.  Time can never be sped up or slowed down.  You can't buy time even though metaphorically we try.  This past year I've really had to re evalute what I'm doing with my time.  Am I wasting it or am I making the most with the time that I have with my husband and children.  This has been a work in progress for me because I'm always thinking of what needs to get done and am not giving the time needed to my family that I should.  I'm there but not really there because my mind is elsewhere.  I don't want a day to go by that I miss letting them know how much I love them and not just telling them but showing them.  Even if it means putting off stuff for a little bit to spend some needed time with my kids.  This life is too short and passes to quickly for us to not enjoy, to be happy and savor every moment that is given to us.  I hope I can do just that is make the most of what has been given to me. 

Here is to a new year with countless possibilities.  I'll take the good with bad.  I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

1 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

AMEN & AMEN!! Thanks for posting this. I SO needed it. Merry Christmas to you guys!