Sunday, November 21, 2010

When My Children Get Older...

     I hope they will still talk to me and tell me their problems.

     I hope they will still give me kisses and hugs and snuggle still.

     I hope they will tell me about their crushes and their first kiss.

When my kids get older...

     I hope that our house will be the party house where all of their friends come over to hang out.

     I pray that I will have an amazing relationship with my daughters that they know they can count on me for   anything and everything and that they will trust me.

     I hope that my sons won't be embarrassed when I go to all their sporting events and is the mom that is shouting at the top of her lungs "THAT'S MY BOY"!

When my kids get older...

     I hope I will be the mother that God intends me to be for them that I will be able to help them through their trials and hardships because goodness knows there will be plenty to wade through and that I can still maintain a level of friendship with them but not lose their respect.

     I hope that I can teach them everything that they will need to have to make it in this world and to be good, honest and kind people.

     I hope that they will have the self esteem and confidence to do and be anything that they set their heart on and know that there is no limit to what they can do.

When my children get older I hope they can still except me for their mother...flaws and all.  And they know I want all the happiness in the world for them.

2 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

I think that all mothers hope for those things. I know that I do.

Bri said...

:)