Yet again another food challenge! And some good news. All my Boise friends out there you have a Bountiful Basket location near you. And of all places literally 2 minutes from where I used to live. So not fair. I know my dear Idaho friends from my old stomping grounds will be happy. Those of you who want to dare to try new things or just like fruit and veggies this co-op is for you. Especially this past week...we got a new fruit that I've never heard or seen before. It's a funky little fruit called Fuyu. It's kind of fun to say also...Fuyu! The taste was rather good. It was almost like I was tasting a cinnamon or brown sugar dusted fruit. Just a hint though. The inside texture was very nice. If you want to learn something new this week google Fuyu.
So on to the food challenge for this week. BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!! Like I said in a earlier post it sounds disgusting but they are really not that bad. Let me know in the comments what you end up making and post your creations on your blog...pics are lovely! I'll be sure to check out what you come with especially if you post a comment to give me a heads up. I'll be sure to jump in on the action...complete with recipe. You would die if you saw my recipe database. Yes, I said database. The recipes that end up making it into my folders are the lucky ones. My hubby just shakes his head at me. It makes me feel useful when people ask me if I have any recipes for certain foods. I do the testing so people don't have to take a chance on a bad recipe and my dear friends around me get my experiments. Mostly the dessert but I don't hear too much complaining.
Speaking of fattening desserts...I'm not waiting until the first of the year to make a new year resolution to start exercising. I've been really exhausted from lack of sleep from buddy but my husband has been faithful about exercising every night so I'm going to faithfully join him. I've been hit and miss with the exercise and I'm tired of being sore every new time I exercise. Matt said (not in these exact words) if I get back what I had way back in the day he'll take me to Mexico!!! Of course he would promise something like that because he doesn't think I'll do it. Well I'm here to prove him wrong and claim my trip!!! Better start saving honey!!!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Food Challenge: Brussel Sprouts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Special Comments:
Tom was very excited to learn that fuyu was a persimmon. He loves them. We've just been eating them straight. I'll be cooking brussel sprouts tomorrow most likely. I'm doing collard greens today. (Johnathan is even coming for dinner because he had them all the time in Indiana.) I'll post what I do later in the week.
Brussel sprouts is a hard one. I know that no matter how I cook them Craig would love me forever, he loves those things, me on the other hand cant stand them. Maybe if Craig offered to take me to Mexico if I lost weight I would be working my butt off more and not sitting at my computer drinking a pepsi and eating reese's pieces at 10:30 in the morning.
Debbie, I just posted about brussel sprouts and collard greens. The biggest success (as far as I'm concerned) was the gluten free bread!
Post a Comment