Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

It was my 30th birthday on Sept. 2nd and a while ago Matt asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said half jokingly that I wanted a piano and if he couldn't get me that I wanted those Molten N' More pans for baking. Big contrast...I know. I didn't think much of it until the week before my birthday he told me to start checking craigslist to find a piano. All the used pianos we found that we were interested in were expensive for being used and just didn't feel right. So that Saturday we decided to go to a piano gallery just to see what we would be missing if we ever had a new piano. Low and behold they were having a sale. And there was a sale on the already low sale prices. WHO KNEW!! Needless to say we walked out of the floor with a brand new Yamaha piano. I'm still in shock. This is something I have waited for years to have. It arrived on my birthday and I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. So Happy Birthday To Me!



6 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, indeed!!! Hope you've been enjoying your beautiful piano!!! (Love that finish, BTW! ;-)

Waters said...

What the..... I say this is the BEST birthday present ever. I absolutley love your piano, beautiful color, perfect, perfect, perfect. I know how hard it is finding a really good, used piano, that youd actually want to place in your living room. Oh man, I wish I had one!!! Being the primary pianist can be difficult sometimes without one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and your husband is definately the man. :)

so 5 weeks? The countdown is to difficult, thinking possibly the baby might come early, or "run" late. Then theres everything you have to make sure you get done before the day, and, and, and...I swear I could go on. I agree with you, I need to keep myself busier to stop thinking about EVERYTHING that could possibly happen.
Thanks for writing, and Ill keep my eye on your blog to see when your little one arrives! GOODLUCK.

Alison said...

Congrats! (& Happy Birthday!) I know envy isn't good, but for lack of a better term, I am so envious :) Maybe when I turn 30...
I'm so excited for you. Enjoy!

Dawn said...

YEAH! A piano! How exciting. And a brand new piano at that! Happy Birthday!

Shannon said...

Sorry I'm so late writing about your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!...and welcome to the 30's. It's great, isn't it? I'm realizing now that we are exactly a year and two days apart; me being the older one. Fun!!

It sounds like you had a great one! How exciting to get a brand new piano, yay!!! I may need to head on over to your place and we can sing some songs around the beautiful thing.

BrittanyLane said...

Oh- I'm so excited for you. What an awesome gift. It's so nice. You totally deserve it!