This past weekend we went camping with family up at Willow Flats in Idaho. We had a really nice camp site and fit 3 families on it. After we got set up we didn't waste any time getting the badminton net set up. I even jumped in for a game.
Maryn got better at her game of Go Fish.
Maryn was dirty from head to toe the moment we got there. No matter how much cleaning I did it was useless. Still cute amongst the dirt though.
Uncle Sam brought his four wheelers up and we got to enjoy a 25 mile ride in beautiful country. Maryn was on the front and I was hanging on the back while Matt rode like a mad man. We didn't know but Maryn had her purple shoe on the exhaust at some point and it almost melted all the way through. Hopefully Uncle Sam doesn't mind the color purple on his four wheeler.
We rode to a memorial with Mike, Justin, Devan, Tiffanie and Sam that was originally was a crash site in 1958 where 37 servicemen lost their lives coming home from the Korean war. They had a memorial with all their names and a little mound of debris where people were still finding pieces and materials from the plane. The eeriest find was the sole of an army boot.
Dinner was wonderful with chicken and potatoes with fresh picked green beans from Julie's garden. It was topped off with Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler...just fabulous. Matt took Maryn up to a natural spring where he said wild flowers were everywhere. Maryn just couldn't get enough of it. She called it her Nature Hike. She came back with a handful of pretty wildflowers in a bouquet for me.
We had to cut out early and wasn't able to stay an extra day but it was a fun time.








4 Special Comments:
So fun!!! What a great weekend - and yay for wildflowers!!! :-) Glad Miss Maryn's shoe *didn't* melt all the way through... and wow - a boot sole... "eerie" is a good word! Food sounds great, too!!! :-) Glad you had such a great time!!! :-)
That looks like so much fun. You have to be careful with litle kids and hot burning objects. Good thing it didn't get to her toes!
It looks like such a good time. You're going to have to get Maryn her own 4-wheeler one of these days. Too cool! Love the helmet!
Wow... what a trip! I am jealous looks like you guys had way too much FUN! So did you ride on the 4wheeler than being prego? I love those things. You look very small for being just about done with this pregnancy by the way. I am completely jealous, I looked like a whale. I am glad that those days are done for me. Can't wait to see this adorable little one soon, how are you feeling by the way?
Post a Comment