Friday, August 8, 2008

Girl's Camp Payson Lakes

I think this is the last of my catch up posts. I attended Girl's Camp in mid July up at Payson Lakes. The perks of being in the Young Women's Program is I get to find out where all the cool places are. The view was beautiful and it was very peaceful and lush with greenery!

On the way up I had all the Miamaids in my car and we were jamming to Disney songs. We meandered our way up a curvy road and Caitlin said whoever saw an animal first would get a dollar. Supposedly Lindsay saw a deer but it was only visible to her. The rest of us missed it.


We had a lot of activities planned. For their crafts they tied fleece blankets, painted a be steadfast and immovable craft and we had superhero pajama pants for all the girls. The theme of the Girl's camp was Superheroes of Truth and Righteousness. Each morning and night we had devotionals regarding women in the scriptures, our own personal heroes in our life and subject surrounding choosing friends and going the distance regarding making decisions in life. Everyone did an awesome job.



One of the highlights of the trip is we took a little hike back to this waterfall. We were the only ones there for a while so the girls had fun playing in the little cove back there.

There was a lake close by and they had fun splashing around in it. At first I think they were a little skeptical because tadpoles kept swarming around their legs. It was hot enough outside I think it didn't bother them after a while.



They had a team contest for some games. First was the javelin throw.

Then we had a speed race competition where each of the girls had to do a series of things to cross the finish line like do a dance on the tarp, walk back with a plate between their knees and silly things like that. Lindsay G. did the splits on the tarp. I wish I would've gotten a picture of that...it was hilarious.



All the girls were pretty tired by the time it came for the bishopric and some of the leaders to come up.

We had a chicken and rice dutch oven dinner with chocolate cherry cobbler for dessert. It turned out wonderful! The girls put together some skits for the fireside. I wasn't able to capture the Miamaids skit but I do have the Laurels. They were ads trying to sell a certain YW's value.


The fireside and testimony meeting were wonderful. That night we went to bed with the anticipation of going home in the morning. I've never seen the girls work so fast to leave. We were out by 10:00 but enjoyed our time there.



Thank you Boyd for a lot of the pictures above!



3 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like such a fun time!!! Love the waterfall!

Donnie and Christina said...

LOL! Results may very...to cute!! It looks like you guys had a blast...wished I was in Young womens!!

Anne Marie Corey said...

Oh Deb, it looks like everything went great. I'm so happy for you. That area looks so beautiful and the girls, albeit exhausted, looked like they had a great time.