On Sunday, we had a really nice day at church. Maryn has been practicing giving her testimony in Family Home Evening for the past month and wanted so badly to go up and bear it in Sacrament Meeting. Matt and I were a little nervous not knowing what she would say because it changes every time she says it. She pleaded with us for about 5 minutes for us to take her up. Her teacher got up and gave her testimony and Maryn turned to me and said I have to do it now. I decided to take her up and she literally dragged me up to the stand. I sat down up on the stand and she went up to the pulpit by herself, adjusted the microphone and gave the perfect little testimony. It went something like, I love to share my testimony. I know the church is true. I love my brother and sister. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. I was between giggling and crying because she was so sure of herself and so confident. I looked down at Matt and it didn't help that he was choked up too. Now, I'm not really sure where the extra brother came from but people were asking me if I'm having twins. According to Maryn, yes, but no I'm not. Matt and I are so proud of our little Maryn.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Special Comments:
ok, I totally got chills reading that. She is so sweet!! Man, that would have been awesome to see her do that.
Maryn is so so pure and I'm sure that was the best testimony given that day! I wish I could have been there.
That is adorable, make sure you write that down for her for later.
Post a Comment