Yesterday I spent a lot of time with Maryn doing things just with her. After playgroup at the library we headed for Jordan's Landing where it is plentiful with shopping. We went to our favorite shopping spot for her Old Navy (one of the few places I can find pants long enough for her but still fit her skinny waist). Usually I dread taking her shopping but she was especially funny that day. She would try on the pants we had then I would ask her to show them to me then turn around and she would do this bum pose where she would stick her hand on her bum and just turn half way around then give me these pouty lips. I was laughing so hard in the dressing room of course she would lay it on thicker.
That night I got her ready for bed and decided to make up some hot chocolate and enjoy the night out on the swing. We lit the tiki torches and enjoyed our hot chocolate cuddled under a blanket on the deck swing (I'm spoiled...I know). The moon and stars were so pretty and all of a sudden she got this shocked look on her face. She said, "Mom, someone cut the moon off". I told her sometimes the moon is a little smaller depending how the sun hits it. She told me her explanation that someone took a ladder and took a knife and cut it off. I told her, well that must be a really tall ladder and I hope we can find that piece.
We are also in the path where jets and planes fly over. One looked like it was headed straight for the moon and she said, "Oh no, that plane is going to fly right into the moon and pop it out of the sky!" Never a dull moment with Maryn around. She is always thinking and trying to figure out things.
These pictures were taken over Labor Day weekend. We took a drive around Utah Lake and ended up driving up Nebo Loop near Payson Lakes. We took a hike around the lake and enjoyed the beautiful day.



6 Special Comments:
Wow - very cute!!! It really is amazing how kids make sense of the world :-).
Awww!! She is such a cute little girl! Never a dull moment, I'm sure. I love hearing things like this...they make me baby hungrier. :)
Can't wait to take some pics of your guys!
Oh that Maryn! I miss her so much! She is such a cutie, I hope she hasn't forgotten me yet :)
Maryn, Auntie Anne has the other side of the moon over on my side of the world. You have to come and see mine!
I love how their little minds work.
Your daughter is so beautiful! What a gorgeous family you have.
Post a Comment