Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We need serious help!!!

Baby girl is going to be here in less than 30 days and we still haven't figured out a name for her. We had the same problem with Maryn. For some reason girl's names are harder for us. We have all of our boys names picked out already. Matt and I have been tossing around names and on the side column are a few of the names we have been discussing. I can't agree on his and he can't agree on mine. A match made in heaven! Mind you baby girl's middle name will be Lenore. Not the easiest middle name to match a first name with but it's special to me. If there are any names that are not on the list that you think are cute send them our way. We are open to any and all suggestions.

11 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

Mindy? Melinda? I'd avoid final "L" sounds, since they'd blend with the beginning of her middle name... also, anything with an "or" sound, since that's the accented sound in "Lenore." :-) Just my $.02! :-)

Melissa said...

Love the middle name! Of the names you have Emily is my favorite. A quick search turned up the meaning of Maryn as "Pearl" of Scandinavian origin. I wasn't a fan of anything else that means pearl, but you could go with another gem, or another Scandinavian name. The ones that struck me were

Jemma Lenore
Elsa Lenore

Dawn said...

I think you should do Aliza Lenore. Or I like Adelle Lenore. Good luck. Nathan and I still hadn't decided on the middle name until I was in labor. I should say I had decided, but Nathan didn't put his stamp of approval until I was in labor :) We've had a harder time with girls names. Of course that is why we have 3 girls!

BrittanyLane said...

Kyla Lenore.... So cute. I like the mid-name "y" to match Maryn's. I can see your survey isn't too helpful as each name has one vote. I think naming children is crazy hard. None of mine have been decided until a few days before their birth. Good Luck!

Alison said...

Naming kids is so hard. Growing up I looked forward to it, until I actually got to do it, then I could never decide! We have the hardest time whether it's a boy OR girl. I like Emily, probably because I was going to be Emma Lee, and I like Lacey. You could keep with the "M"s if you wanted, but if you're anything like me-I mix my kids names up all the time and none of them start with the same letter! One of Doug's co-workers put their names in a hat and drew one out to name their baby. There's an idea...

Waters said...

I was first going to go with Norah but then I read again the middle name, hum, too rhymy. bummer. I went with Myra Lenore Murdock, I think it sounds beautiful and reminds me of a strong valient woman holding fast in this (getting more) wicked world.
Was that a good explanation? :)
Deb, never underestimate the name, Hillary. Hillary Lenore Murdock, sounds catchy.

Shannon said...

Emma Lenore, Mya Lenore...just a few that I like.

Beth said...

I love Kaiya and Mya, so origianl. I may steal one from you. (that wasn't an announcement!)

Bri said...

I think most those names are cute, but I think Emily goes best with Lenore. Among the posted suggestions, I think Hillary also goes well with Lenore. Oh, and the names out of a hat idea sounds like a fun FHE activity for Maryn.

ryan said...

Rhoda Harley is ours so don't even think about it!

Donnie and Christina said...

I like Myra Lenore, it sounds so classic! And it flows nicely together.