We got to go see family this weekend and I created something for Dad. We'll just say I wrote something...okay,there I said it...I wrote a song. The last few months there has been a lot of reflection since the passing of Mom and I was feeling down so my husband told me write a song. I took it to heart and I did it. I've been trying to come up with something for years and this took me little less than a few days to get the words written out. I guess if you have a purpose to write something it's a lot easier. I recorded it so I don't forget it because actually writing the notes part of it is not my strong suit. I played it for a few family members this weekend and my sis-in-law stopped me in the middle of the song and bluntly said, "Debbie, you are wasting your talent". She asked me why I don't pursue this if I love it so much. I was a little taken back. That's the last thing I would ever want to do is waste something that has been given to me but she is right. It's hard to stomach when someone tells you something that's hard to hear. I'm not sure how to record it to put on youtube to view but I'd like to share it with you. I tried on my camera and video camera but you can't hear it very well and the piano is distorted. If someone knows how I can record it so it's audible let me know.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Special Comments:
ummm...YES!!! Please share your talents with us!!!!
I came to your blog from Ostlers blog, and I have written a couple of songs. I used MuseScore, which is free software to write down the music, and it is pretty user friendly.
You can record the piano part on our piano, just have to wait to get it out of storage :) Not sure how the rest would work though. I'll have to ask Doug.
And your sister-in-law is absolutely right, you have an amazing talent!
Post a Comment