Saturday, June 2, 2012

C is for Cookie, That's Good Enough For Me

C is also for CAKE!  We had Buddy's birthday party a few Sundays back and I wanted to post the pics.  We did it a little backwards because Daddy was excited for Buddy to open his presents.  So in the morning we had Buddy open his presents.  He thought it was more fun at first to dance on them.  It took us about 3 minutes to convince him that he needed to open them.  Daddy got him a set of Matchbox cars.  He was so excited he was running back and forth from Matt to the rest of the presents.  You could see he was torn but the excitement of the cars won out and he had Matt open them before he could even think about the other presents.  He's been "borrowing" his sister's cars...yeah I know their girls but why not?!?!  All the kids gathered around Buddy wanting to try out his new toys.  I guess boy toys are much cooler than girl toys.

After we got back from church we had dinner, cake and ice cream.  I made him a Cookie Monster Cake holding a real bakery type cookie.  And yes I baked a whole batch of cookies only to use one.  I like to make things hard on myself.  But, he loved it!!!  Buddy talked in his best monster voice when he saw the cake and it was too cute watching him blow out the candles.  After that he has been blowing on everything.  All of a sudden you'll feel a little breeze on your arm and he'll be down there blowing on your arm.  I guess if you learn something new you got to try it out on everything.  I wonder if he was disappointed I didn't disappear like the fire did.










1 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! What an awesome cake you made. Sheesh! Maybe you need to go into a cake and pastry making business. I'd be your most loyal customer. :)

Happy (late) Birthday Buddy!