A small tender mercy happened this weekend. We are in Clifton!!! Unfortunately it's been raining the whole time so we haven't been able to play outside but hopefully that will change tomorrow when it warms up. We've been enjoying being with Dad and being surrounded by the beautiful mountains. The girls are excited to be here also. The other night we were chit chatting with the adults and Macey came in and said that she needed some milk for the kitties because they were hungry and cold. We said, okay sweetie and kept on talking. Then I stopped and said, "did she say kitties?". Everyone thought she was talking about the welfare cat that begs for food outside of the sliding glass door. I went outside to investigate and low and behold the girls found a litter of wild kittens. Dad is trying to get us to take a couple home. I would love too but...I can't bring myself to do it with the kids allergies. Maryn has named each of them and she is pretty attached to Cuddles. They had been playing with them all day and thought there was only 5 and Maryn said she had found a sixth kitty. Tomorrow we are planning on taking the kids four wheeling if weather permits and we'll go into town to get some flowers for Mom to place on her grave site. So glad that we could make it up here. This last year has been very trying for our family. I haven't talked about it much because when you're going through it...well, it's just hard to talk about. And I have been trying to shield my kids from the affects as much as possible. One of the things that was affected has been traveling. We haven't been able to do it and you can imagine how hard that is when ALL of your family is a few hundred miles away. I am grateful that we were able to make it this weekend hence the tender mercy comment. It may seem small to some but it is monumental for us. Just remember every day is a gift...make the most out what is given to you.
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Special Comments:
Truly a tender mercy. So glad you made it up there.
Post a Comment