Friday, February 24, 2012

All or nothing

We are just an all or nothing kind of family.  We don't play around with trivial annoying illnesses we just go straight to the big ones.  Who needs to mess with colds and flu when you can just go straight to pneumonia.  You may think pneumonia, no big deal, but after almost seeing the same illness take my mother in law's life I have a different outlook on it.  Needless to say last night was not a very fun night.  You know as a mother that you are bound to have nights that are never ending but it was two against one last night and I wasn't feeling too hot either.  Maryn doesn't get sick too often but when she does she makes sure she does it well.  For the last week she has had a fever on and off with no other symptoms than a tummy ache.  She developed a sore throat yesterday and by the night time was slammed with awful pains and a fever.  Buddy matched that with his own really high fever and cough.  So between the both of them  it was a long night.  I took Maryn in first thing thinking possibly it was strep.  The only thing is every time they have ever tested for strep Maryn or any of my kids for that matter have never tested positive.  Our family just doesn't do the strep thing.  So, I'm racking my brain to think of what other tummy issue could be happening and when the Dr. said her lungs didn't sound good it kind of took me by surprise because I was not expecting that.  After I saw x-rays even with my lack of imaging knowledge could tell she had stuff in her lungs.  The doctor pretty much told me she is very close to being admitted but it was my call.  So, here we are at home doing nothing.  My kitchen is a mess and I'm forcing Maryn on mandatory bed rest for the next three days making her drink all the liquid she can stand and from time to time letting her play the Wii.  I'm still perplexed by her stomach hurting.  It comes in waves and I don't think that's typical of pneumonia.

1 Special Comments:

The Jensens said...

I am so sorry to hear that. If you need anything let me know. I make daily walmart trips it seems.