The last 6 days might as well not have existed. The flu has hit our family and said welcome to Fall/Winter. At least it was a little spaced out this time and not everyone at once. For some reason I'm always the one that only partially gets sick but not full blown so I have the duty of trying to care for everyone else by holding back the hair, jumping up at any little cough in the night to run a child into the toilet and sanitizing everything from the aftermath. I think we are getting back to normal though...I can't complain...we have had worse!!! I'm getting a little cabin fever though.
I sat down with Maryn yesterday while the babies were resting from fevers and we hashed out a plan to make a job chart and we ended up make this instead.

If you know me I've slowly been converting my kitchen to a cafe theme type kitchen with reds, yellows, greens, tans and blacks. It keeps getting put on hold but I have a definite plan for certain spaces now just I need some time on my side and to find the right things that I envision in my head. I have always wanted to remodel(cabinets, counters, appliances the whole 9 yards) our kitchen and got a confirmation from hubby that someday that will happen(he would always say what's wrong with the kitchen)...we're talking years down the road but a girl can still dream right!
Anyway, I got tired of writing down what we were having for the week on paper and losing it or using the little calendar I have and wasting paper. So, this little thingy is going to get laminated and put to good use. It will be 11 x 14 and will have a dry erase marker to go with it. And if it gets worn out I'll just print it out again. I have no problem with anyone using this for their personal use if they want to copy it but I was a little jaded to find out someone who I had gone to get one of my crafts made kept my design and is now is selling it for their business. That made me really sad...sad that I was naive to think when she asked if she could use it for her own personal kitchen it meant that she was actually going to use it make money on her craft line. I guess I'll know better for next time.
The digital kit used was from shabbyprincess.com called Dinner Party
1 Special Comments:
So sorry you've all been under the weather... been a bit that way ourselves, but I didn't make it into something productive like you did. ;) Great idea making a laminated dinner planner! :) And remodeling... *wistful sigh*... happy dreaming! :)
Post a Comment