This past Saturday my husband convinced me to run a 3 k with him. I had good intentions to get my endurance up the 3 weeks I had before the race but between my allergies kicking my backside and lack of motivation that really didn't happen as planned. So race day for our ward came and I agreed to do this solely for my husband who has been working hard and hubby backed out. Lack of planning made it so we didn't have someone to watch the kids so I agreed to take Maryn on her bike with me and run it. As we started the race and going up our hill that we live on as I crested the top I was thinking "I'm not a runner, why did I agree to go through with this?" So I did a run/walk. I'll say 45% running and the rest trying to walk as fast as I could. Maryn rode her bike up the hill and all her friends were running too so she ditched the bike. I finally caught up to her on one of my running stints and she was about to keel over from a side ache. I had her stop at the church at the halfway mark and I attempted to finish. I won't post my time but I'll just say my friend's husband ran it carrying his son and beat me by 3 minutes and I think he ran extra because he kept running to catch up to his other son to hydrate him. I tried carrying the little guy and running but I made it about 1 minute until I just decided to walk with him until his Dad got back. It was fun none the less. I'm glad I did it and wouldn't mind to actually work my way up to try it again. BUT Meg PLEASE no hernia hill to start out with...in Bartok's words..."it's a killer"!!
Sunday, October 16, 2011
I am SO not a runner and The Recipe Project
Changing gears...I get these ideas in my head and I mull them over until my brain won't allow me to hold them in anymore so I need you to tell me what you think? I'm wanting to do a project to make something more pretty and not dull but it's a project that I can't do on my own. I've been afraid to start another project because I don't want it to be something that goes unfinished(story of my life). It's going to take a long time to finish but I think it would be COOL! I'll call it the "Recipe Project" I have books and a HUGE database on my computer of recipes. I told my friend I had a 1MB just for the Desserts but I was mistaken it's closer to 4 MB's. I've put most of the recipes I use over and over again in multiple binders in plastic sheets. So, in an effort to make things more beautiful I had a vision of taking these recipes, making them and taking pictures of the finished product then scrapbooking the recipe with the pics on them. I am such a visual person I'm more likely to make something if I see a picture of it. So, this is where everybody else comes in. What I was thinking was I would have a running list of recipes...all that I have tried and tested. You would request 1 recipe at a time...cook it, take pretty pictures of your finished masterpiece and e-mail me back the pics and in return you get a new recipe for your collection.. I have a lot of friends who are talented photographers so I would be super excited if you were game for doing this. I'm throwing this out there because I'm curious how many people would be interested in doing this. Some of these recipes I've received from my friends over the years so you may even see some of your own recipes on here. Tell me what you think and if you would be interested. Maybe I'm taking on something too big but it's taking over my thoughts so I have to do something about it.
at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 Special Comments:
Hey, at least you completed the 3k. Good job! Running is so hard. I'm not good at it, but I'd like to be...but I sure don't want to practice becoming better at it either...lol. LOVE the recipe idea! I'm totally game!
ya, I'd be up for that. But we don't like Fish, so I'd say I'll do any recipe as long as it is not fish :) Also, I'm not one of those amazing photographer friends of yours, but I can point and shoot.
I'm so not a runner. I never liked it even enough to practice to get better. lol As for recipes...sounds like fun. We're in a rut.
AHH come on that hill is nothing (cough, cough, out of breath) you did great. her time was excellent under 30 minutes. You are AMAZING!! we are definitely going to do that again. I'm thinking twice next year. Its fun and gets everyone outside which is a plus.
I would be game for the recipe project, but better yet, start a food blog of the things you've done. My cousin does that and I read it all the time and do a lot of her stuff to. I post all my creations on my food/craft/photo/ well all my collaborations on my other blog.
i'm totally up for it, i think that's a great idea. by the way you did good in the race. my little gang didn't even finish due to a squabble between han and bo
Ryan has asked that for his birthday in may i run a HALF marathon with him!!!!!! That is 13 miles. I'm not a runner either. In fact, the only time i run is when someone is chasing me. i ran a %k last month and barely made it. what is wrong with these husbands of ours.
and yes, I think the recipe thing sounds awesome. i don't like fish either and the biggest problem i have with making new dishes is if it has ingredients i have never heard of or that scare me i just don't do it. basically, send me a simple one.
Post a Comment