If you haven't been able to get a hold of me there is a reason. Thursday and Friday I was invited to a little craft retreat during the day by my husband's nephews wife which would make me her Aunt. This is weird of course because I'm probably not more then 6 years older than her. It was fun getting to her know her a little better, to have the kids occupied while we got our craft on and we're excited for her to have her second baby coming next year. While I was there I got to "almost finish" my crocheting project. I have about 1 more hour and I'll be finished and that little puppy is getting shipped off to Idaho. I promise I'll snap a pic of it and post it after it ships off. Then my most exciting craft finish was Buddy's blanket!!! HOORAY!!! This project has been haunting me forever! And guess what I just realized? I get to cross off one of my goals for the year. Didn't hit the initial deadline but hey it's not 2012 yet! Each of my kids gets a trip around the world blanket from Mommy and just recently discovered how much I love to put the cuddly soft fabric on for the backing. The backing has impressions of stars on it. Little did I know that Mason has a fascination with stars. He loves it when just before we go to bed we shut the lights off and we see the stars glowing on his ceiling.
I also was able to get the paper for Maryn's magnet board. Lots of purples, pinks, greens, yellows and tons of designs of butterflies. I'm excited to get started on it! I think I just need to have an open line of credit with JoAnns, Michaels and Wood Connection. If you ever wonder what to get a crafter for Christmas or birthday, gift cards to those 3 places would be sweet.
Monday, October 24, 2011
Craft Retreat...sort of
at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 Special Comments:
Cute quilt.
Post a Comment