Saturday, April 2, 2011

Snuggled in on a Saturday Night

I'm cozy in my bed borrowing hubby's little notebook as we're all snuggled under our covers watching the snow fall outside from the porch window in Clifton.  It's amazing to me that yesterday the girls and I were enjoying beautiful sunny weather as we played in the park and then the next can be so frigid cold.  You have to love Eastern Idaho. 

I braved coming to Clifton this weekend on my own with all 3 kids.  Insane you might think but worth it.  It's always nice to be with family.  Matty is studying for a grueling Engineering test this upcoming week and had a ridiculous amount of pages to scour over.  So, instead of trying to keep the kids quiet we decided to come visit Grandpa and Grandma.  When we pulled up Friday, Grandpa immediately took the girls out on a four wheeler ride a little ways up the mountain.  And Maryn and Macey have been playing with cousins non stop with only minor bumps and bruises endured.  When you get 25+ people in a household you have to expect someone getting knocked over sooner or later.  Thank goodness Macey is a tough little girl.  She was used as a bowling pin on the stairs along with her cousin as her other cousin decided to throw the exercise ball down the stairs.  Just lovely!

  Remember our little money saga the other day?  Well, I think Maryn and I finally got things hashed out and she decided to save her money for Papa Jay's.  Papa Jay's is the only little market in Clifton and the Murdocks keep them gainfully employed.  It's the kids favorite place in the whole wide world.  Plus they make some of the best jerkey I've ever had.  I think the Teriyaki Jerkey is probably one I favor the most.  If you're ever passing through Clifton for whatever reason stop in a get some jerkey you won't be disappointed.  Maryn came out of there with her tootsie roll bag and special candies very proud that she paid for everything herself.  She wanted to blow all of her money but I told her not to blow all of it because you never know when you might need to use it.

Looking forward to seeing hubby tomorrow.  Kind of miss him.  I'm enjoying listening to conference and anxious to be able to hear the rest of the speakers tomorrow.  Such great talks today!!!  Of our faith or not everyone in the world could benefit from the uplifting counsel given.

2 Special Comments:

Undaunted said...

I agree with that. Conference has been wonderful. Way to be brave with the travel and kids. I have never regretted just taking my kids and going when Marc has been able to come. Makes good memories. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, so awesome!!! I can just picture you snuggled in with the kiddos... :) What a wonderful family time!!! :)

Glad Miss Maryn is getting the hang of the money crisis, LOL... just don't try to explain inflation to her yet, or she'll march on the Capitol! ;)